Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

2. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Peter Jackson, 2001

Posted Image

"One does not simply walk into Mordor."

Nominated for 13 Oscars, won 4

1,422 points

Synopsis: An innocent hobbit of The Shire journeys with eight companions to the fires of Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring and the dark lord Sauron forever.

Trivia: Would have been #1 had I accepted a late entry.

#1!!!!!!!!!!

1. Pulp Fiction

Quentin Tarantino, 1994

Posted Image

"Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!"

"They call it a Royale with cheese"

"Check out the big brain on Brett!"

"English motherfucker! Do you speak it?"

Nominated for 7 Oscars, won 1

1,433 points

Synopsis: The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.

Trivia: Uma Thurman did not actually like the song that was played in the Jack Rabbit Slim's Twist Contest, and told Tarantino about this, saying it just didn't sound right, Tarantino simply replied "Trust me, it's perfect."

Edited by Sims
  • Like 3

Yes. Congrats. to Disney, even though they sold all of their Miramax films. But no matter, Disney owned Miramax when Pulp Fiction was released, and that's what counts.Thank you Sims for putting all of this together. I know it was a lot of work. It was fun and all of your hard work is greatly appreciated.And once again, LOTR FOTR is putting me to sleep. Goodnight.

Edited by Walt Disney

Directors that appeared at least twice by my count:Spielberg (7) -- Lost Ark, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Jaws, Jurassic Park, E.T., Last CrusadeCameron (5) -- Titanic, Terminator 2, The Terminator, Avatar, AliensNolan (5) -- The Dark Knight, Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Memento, Batman BeginsKubrick (5) -- 2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove, Full Metal JacketTarantino (3) -- Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill Vol. 1Jackson (3) -- Fellowship of the Ring, Return of the King, The Two TowersCoppola (3) -- The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Apocalypse NowFincher (3) -- The Social Network, Fight Club, Se7enHitchcock (3) -- Psycho, Rear Window, VertigoLucas (2/4) -- Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith (technically didn't direct TESB and ROTJ)Unkrich (2/3) -- Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3 (was also a co-director on Toy Story 2)Zemeckis (2) -- Forrest Gump, Back to the FutureScorsese (2) -- Goodfellas, Taxi DriverLasseter (2) -- Toy Story, Toy Story 2Lumet (2) -- 12 Angry Men, NetworkCoen Bros. (2) -- The Big Lebowski, FargoStanton (2) -- WALL-E, Finding NemoR. Scott (2) -- Gladiator, AlienBird (2) -- Ratatouille, The IncrediblesMiyazaki (2) -- Spirited Away, My Neighbor TotoroAronofsky (2) -- Black Swan, Requiem for a DreamBoyle (2) -- Slumdog Millionaire, Trainspotting

Edited by JarJarBinks
  • Like 1