Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

I put TDKR at number 89. I thought it might make the list. However, once TA was number 31, I thought that was going to be the end of TDKR.

While I do believe Avengers is universally liked/loved, those who love TDKR, really really seem to love the hell out of it. And yes, Nolan's got a pretty big fanbase, myself included. But even I have to admit that TDKR is probably Nolan's worst directed film. It lacks some of the tight craftsmanship of his other films. Luckily he had two films' worth of buildup to back on to bring it to a strong finish. Didn't love Avengers either though. Liked it, had a good time. I'm the only one in my social circle to not be head over heels seemingly. Edited by MrPink

LOL @ Avengers fans whining

I'm not whining. I'm surprised, but no complaints. People vote for what they like. I just expected the movie that performed better at the BO to have gotten higher votes. Hopefully, this ends any complaints about Iron Man making the list tho.

I'm not whining. I'm surprised, but no complaints. People vote for what they like. I just expected the movie that performed better at the BO to have gotten higher votes. Hopefully, this ends any complaints about Iron Man making the list tho.

I think there would be more anger if something like Thor or Captain America made the list. At least Iron man had some redeemable qualities.

No, then Shrek 2/Pirates 2 would be on the list and Avatar would be a lot higher.

19. Back to the Future

Robert Zemeckis, 1985

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Nominated for 4 Oscars, won 1

787 points

Synopsis: In 1985, Doc Brown invents time travel; in 1955, Marty McFly accidentally prevents his parents from meeting, putting his own existence at stake.

Trivia: The production ultimately used three real DeLoreans.

18. Fight Club

David Fincher, 1999

"The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club."

Nominated for 1 Oscar

810 points

Synopsis: An insomniac office worker and a devil-may-care soap maker form an underground fight club that transforms into a violent revolution.

Trivia: Author Chuck Palahniuk has stated that he found the film to be an improvement on his novel.

Edited by Sims
  • Like 2

I think it is sad modern films are beating classic cause they are new. I find it ironic people online MTV awards but those awards are for this generation cause all they like are blockbuster.

Well the same could be said for people who hold old films to high regard only because they are viewed as "classics".
  • Like 1

No, then Shrek 2/Pirates 2 would be on the list and Avatar would be a lot higher.

This is a little different though because I'm talking about 2 movies that came out in the same year (this year to be exact). And 1 became an event movie and the other one really hasn't.

I think it is sad modern films are beating classic cause they are new. I find it ironic people online MTV awards but those awards are for this generation cause all they like are blockbuster.

No worse than people who only put old films and ignore anything from the last decade.
  • Like 4

Well the same could be said for people who hold old films to high regard only because they are viewed as "classics".

I just find sad that some list just have new films. In 5 years people's list will be so different a new top 10. I fine with someone putting THG, Twilight, Avengers, TDKR in the top 10 but when someone top 100 films are just modern films from the last 10 years.

This is a little different though because I'm talking about 2 movies that came out in the same year (this year to be exact). And 1 became an event movie and the other one really hasn't.

1 Billion world wide is not an event movie? News to me.

Too bad we do not have more twilight fans on this site.

This list is interesting because I think it's almost all guys that voted. So we haven't seen a lot of female movies like Pretty Woman or Dirty Dancing or Twilight. That's why The Hunger Games surprised me a little bit. This list is a guy list.
  • Like 1

So? The Phantom Menace was a movie event, so was Transformers 2. Movie event =/= quality.