acsc1312

WG Discussion Thread- OLIVE WINS! Iceroll 2, tylerdurden 3

Theres an entire games section. Ive played a few and every game herr is so well run and very well thought out. I think one of the real strengths of our community is that so many people here are crrative and give so much of their time to run and play these games. U guus should check them out.

Are you keeping the exact same point structure? IMO this part should be changed:

Call 6 of the 12 films correctly, regardless of the order, and receive a 150,000 point bonus.

Call 9 of the top 12 correct, regardless of order, receive a 300,000 point bonus.

Call all 12 correct, regardless of order, and you get a 500,000 point bonus.

It's exponentially harder to get all 12 correct compared to 9, and pretty much everyone should have at least 6 correct. The scoring bonus shouldn't be linear because it doesn't reflect the increase in difficult. Basically what I'm suggesting is maybe lowering the bonus for 9/12 (and removing it from 6/12 all together) and maybe adding a few for 10/12 and 11/12.

Also I feel that there is currently a stronger emphasis on position in the top 12 rather on placement based on the points (10k for being in the top 12 vs. 25k for being in the top 12 and correct position). A lot of the positioning ends up being luck and one movie making a few more million than another would result in a huge point swing for players.

Just my :2c:

Edited by iceroll

This is acsc's game for the winter but in regards to iceroll's post:The 25,000 points, imo, should stay. This is a game of accuracy. And as such, you get rewarded for being more accurate.As for the bonus, you are right and that will be changing for the summer game. There should be a tiered point structure for getting 6,7,8,9,10,11 and 12 correct. I will ask that acsc change that part of the scoring. I messed up on that this year and plan on changing it for next.

^ Since iceroll said the difficulty was exponentially greater, would you consider being literal and making it an exponential? For example, the bonus = n^x where n=an arbitrary number and x=the number of correct positions. So if you get 10 out of 12 correct, you could have 3^10 = 59,049 points. And since it's exponential, if you get all 12 correct, the bonus would be 531,441.

How would it do that? Do you mean for getting fewer positions correct?

Sorry, I misread your post. I don't know, 500,000 seems like a good number. It doesn't have to be perfectly exponential.But it's not my game. I'm not dealing with these headacehs. acsc will address them. :)

Box Office Alliance = ?

Partner game. You get a partner to work with to try to stay alive and form alliances with other players and oust as many as you can to make it to the final round. Hosted by me. Held in it's own sub-forum. You're more than welcome to check it out, but right now we are in the last quarter of Season 2 so there will be no new players added until Season 3 Registration begins in 3 weeks.

Question: will movies that open, say, sept 28th be eligible for a top 12 position (of course only counting their gross during the timeframe), or is it ONLY movies released within the timeframe?

Only movies released within the timeframe, I believe.
  • Like 1

Question: will movies that open, say, sept 28th be eligible for a top 12 position (of course only counting their gross during the timeframe), or is it ONLY movies released within the timeframe?

Only movies released within the timeframe, I believe.

Yep, only movies that open Oct 5- Jan 5 are eligible
  • Like 2