A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Not likely.No animated film has ever crossed $150m OW adjusted, let alone unadjusted. In fact, aside from Shrek 2-3 and Toy Story 3, nothing has opened over 100 (unadjusted or adjusted). Shrek 3 still has the biggest Fri-Sun opening either way, and it was coming off of Shrek 2.I think both Dory and DM3 could open to $100m (I believe DM3 is opening on a Friday this time), but we shall see...

Again, underestimating the popularity of Finding Nemo.

I think it will make closer to 300M than to 450M.

:rofl:

• Like 1

What do you think about Incredibles 2? Thinking a big gross for that also, perhaps more than Finding Dory.370 mil DOM.

I'm thinking around 310M for Incredibles 2. The first onw was popular but not as popular as Finding Nemo. 

• Like 2

It's a sequel for the best DW movie, what do you expect?That people would think that the movie would underperform?

There's a BIG difference between underperforming and $400m DOM. And I was just observing how sad these predictions look in hindsight.edit: And what does its being "the best DW movie" have to do with anything? KFP was regarded as such by many before Dragon came out, and look what happened with KFP2. Edited by Hilderic
  • Like 1

I'm thinking around 310M for Incredibles 2. The first onw was popular but not as popular as Finding Nemo.

While Incredibles is not as popular as Finding Nemo, I just think it will be easier for Pixar to create a quality Incredibles 2 than a Finding Dory, I mean, Incredibles seems to be built as a franchise, like Toy Story and Monsters Inc. In Finding Dory, it just seems to have a the same storyline as Finding Nemo, though this time it is Dory that is lost.
  • Like 1

While Incredibles is not as popular as Finding Nemo, I just think it will be easier for Pixar to create a quality Incredibles 2 than a Finding Dory, I mean, Incredibles seems to be built as a franchise, like Toy Story and Monsters Inc. In Finding Dory, it just seems to have a the same storyline as Finding Nemo, though this time it is Dory that is lost.

I agree. Incredibles 2 feels more "natural".
  • Like 3

No actually the plot of Finding Dory is that they are looking for Dory's family. I just think that people have a love affair with finding Nemo and that Finding Dory will be pretty good. Is Brad Bird back for Incredibles 2? 

• Like 2

Finding Dory will be a disguised copy of Toy Story 2.

• Like 1

There's a BIG difference between underperforming and $400m DOM. And I was just observing how sad these predictions look in hindsight.edit: And what does its being "the best DW movie" have to do with anything? KFP was regarded as such by many before Dragon came out, and look what happened with KFP2.

People just didn't expect a KFP2 performance, but a Shrek 2 performance.

I also never thought the movie would exceed 400.

I had HOPES for 300.

But I never thought It would be less than 200.

Edit: I just notice that I said Shrek 2 in here, LOL, no. Most people expected Despicable Me 2 numbers.

I personally expected Monsters University numbers.

Edited by xSabrinax
  • Like 2