Punishment

Tuesday Numbers

Big jumps and yet nothing near 1m dollars. :lol:

Which actually makes sense. Canada must have accounted for a massive percentage of yesterday's business, so discount Tuesday resulted in very large bumps. If the movies were doing good business in the US, hence making 1M or more, then the bump from discount Tuesday wouldn't be as large.

Which actually makes sense. Canada must have accounted for a massive percentage of yesterday's business, so discount Tuesday resulted in very large bumps. If the movies were doing good business in the US, hence making 1M or more, then the bump from discount Tuesday wouldn't be as large.

Yeah I was thinking about Canada. I think Dark Alfred mentioned it a couple of weeks ago how Canada has crazy business on Tuesdays compared to the U.S. Too bad we don't get a separate report for Canada. Edited by ECSTASY

Also, TDKR got a much smaller bump yesterday because it is being carried / inflated by IMAX, which is far more consistent day-to-day.

Actually, TDKR's bumps will be in line with everyone elses as IMAX is gone so now it just has mostly regular theaters.

Actually, TDKR's bumps will be in line with everyone elses as IMAX is gone so now it just has mostly regular theaters.

Not gone just yet, but reduced. I just looked and TDKR is still showing at 3 IMAX screens in the Washington, DC area for example. One showing a day at each.At 26% TDKR had a smaller than average bump yesterday (compared to the field), and I believe that is why.

These jumps are insane. Seriously. Today's numbers are going to be bad. For films that jumped 30+%, they actually might fall 40% today. Scary.

Yeah.. Wed's number are not going to be pretty :(