Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

Side characters don't matter. Lead character matters.First Class dropped 38% from Last Stand despite great reviews, because Wolverine was not in it. TBL was bound to take a bigger hit because it solely relies on the lead character, Wolverine was just the lead of a team of superheroes.TBL would have got 142m if it had the same drop as FC. Because of the reason I mentioned above, and because of the much weaker reception, I would have not expected anything more than 125m.

Well sure the expectations changed once reviews were out. But as someone who's been following Bourne for years I can tell you this. Universal wanted to get another Bourne movie out by any means necessary. They pressured Damon and Greengrass to commit before they even had a script. When that didn't work out they got Gilroy in to get the movie made. They're intention was not to reboot. That's the only reason I mentioned the other characters. I wasn't trying to say they had an effect on the box office. I'm talking about in reference to this being a true reboot.

And I disagree that XMen First Class dropped that much because Wolverine wasn't in it. It dropped that much because fans were divided on the prequel. They were mad because Cyclops, Jean Grey and anybody else you name wasn't in it.They were mad because they were using mutants nobody cared about. They were mad because Fox still had the rights. They were mad because the last two movies were shitty. You name it. They had a gripe about it. And for the record, Wolvie was in First Class.

Just came back from RE5.Terrible. Never going to get my 17.50(x2) back.I didn't understand anything in the first 30 minutes and I have seen all the movies. Michelle Rodriguez was awesome. It felt like a Michael Bay movie with robots.

I know these movies are bad. Thats why i see them on Free Tuesday.How long is Rain and One in it?

One shouldn't have been in the movie at all if he wasnt going to be used. Rain was probably the best part of the movie.

Haha you're pretty good at it.

Heh thanks. I think its a little easier to guess day to day numbers. It's like finding comparables. Much harder to do predictions of OW/DOM, that can almost seem arbitrary.

I think its locked.

Expecting RE5 to drop on Sat or Nemo to have a bigger jump? Hard to predict Nemo 2 but my guess is that it's gonna have a LK like Saturday jump. Edited by WileECoyote