Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

I doubt its gonna do blockbuster numbers(though I'd love to be wrong), but yeah, the box office is boring as shit lately.

I'm not saying it'll do gangbusters, but its a movie that will either fail miserably at the BO or surprise. Its certainly going to be Interesting
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I don't understand, wasn't Red State from last year?

Yes, but Mojo reports it made over $200k from 1 theater. If that were true, it would be the highest opening weekend PTA for any live action movie. But, Mojo appears to be the only source reporting. The number was never officially reported, but various sources have reports ranging from $100k to $160k to Mojo's $200k+ -- and one or two sources claim it was 2 theaters, not just 1.In other words, its too ambiguous to call.

• Founder / Operator

Why is Nemo "upset"?Who figured it to beat RE? Thought RE was always the favourite.

Fair enough, although plenty of predictions and tracking pointed to it being a toss-up -- if not favoring Nemo at times.

Yes, but Mojo reports it made over $200k from 1 theater. If that were true, it would be the highest opening weekend PTA for any live action movie. But, Mojo appears to be the only source reporting. The number was never officially reported, but various sources have reports ranging from $100k to $160k to Mojo's $200k+ -- and one or two sources claim it was 2 theaters, not just 1.In other words, its too ambiguous to call.

I see. I had no idea it was even a thing, I've never even noticed it on the list.

At least the BO is looking better than last week. As for Nemo, decent number I think. It's a re-relase of one of Pixar's best (IMO) but it's computer animated 3D, so there's been quite a bit of those lately. I thought it would do a little more than Beauty 3D since it was still a bigger BO hit during it's initial run. But I think 3D of traditional animation is more of a novelty than 3D of computer animation so it kind of balanced things out.

Re: Red State

Grady Smith@EWGradySmith

I'm confused -- everyone is saying 'The Master's $145,949 avg. is the best non-animated of all time. Why are we all ignoring 'Red State'

Ray Subers@raysubers @EWGradySmith Ignoring Red State because it has a GIANT asterisk ($40+ ticket prices + Kevin Smith in person appearance = cheating).

• Like 1

Re: Red State

Grady Smith@EWGradySmith

I'm confused -- everyone is saying 'The Master's $145,949 avg. is the best non-animated of all time. Why are we all ignoring 'Red State'

Ray Subers@raysubers @EWGradySmith Ignoring Red State because it has a GIANT asterisk ($40+ ticket prices + Kevin Smith in person appearance = cheating).

LMAO!