Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

You forgot Fruitvale Station, 42 & the Butler.

Off with their heads!

Seriously, shame on anyone who makes a white guilt flick after DU showed how to make a great movie with a black lead about slavery without white guilt.

• Like 1

You see Louis really briefly in the trailer. Someone's pointing a  gun at him or something.

Yeah, just rewatched it and saw him. I think he's the guy Cooper hits in the head with the iron, too

Still, it is a movie with an agenda on race.

So if it was about someone is white who was murdered, it would be perfectly fine. That's dumb. My friend has seen the film, she said it really doesn't have much to do with race at all.

So if it was about someone is white who was murdered, it would be perfectly fine. That's dumb. My friend has seen the film, she said it really doesn't have much to do with race at all.

That is probably why the black community erupted when the verdict on the murder case was annouced and every black celebrity gave their two cents.

Edited by The Futurist

That is probably why the black community erupted when the verdict on the murder case was annouced and every black celebrity gave their two cents.

I don't really want to get into an argument with you, but since I haven't seen the film yet and  I'm just going by what my friend told me, it doesn't present Oscar  as a good person either and demonstrates his criminal acts and you don't always root for him in the movie. So I don't really see it as a white guilt film. :)

Anyway moving back to American Hustle, I still feel like Amy Adams will be pushed to supporting still to give her a higher chance of winning because the leading category is stacked this year. That might decrease Lawrence's chance for a nomination.

• Like 1

Sorry, but anyone who actually takes the time to complain about "white guilt" is either consciously or subconsciously a racist.

I haven't seen it, but how can you possibly say that a film which doesn't take the side of a police officer who shot another man in cold blood (unlike the Trayvon case, there was no "gray area" here) is a "white guilt" movie. Look up the facts. 

And judging from reviews, the film has nothing to do with race. 

• Like 2