Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

And Warners just played hell with it's release schedule; big news it had conceded this December to DIsney.

''https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/aquaman-2-shazam-2-release-date-delay-1235349939/

The film that really screwed by this, though is "Salem's Lot" Studio clearly thinks it has a turkey on it's hands, and is shying away from the expense of releasing a film in which it has zero faith.

Clear that Warners feels it cannot afford to take many chances; rather then risk SHazam 2 not doing well against "Avatar 2" it moved it. Expect Warners to play is as safe as possible for the next couple of years.

I would not be surprised if its problem child, "The FLash" gets set back as well.

6 minutes ago, Eric the Genie said:

😬😬😬 I don't know if they're going to be around over the next few years. Shit looks bleak

Of all the problems a big company can have, a debt crisis is the worst. Banks are  pretty merciless on wanting their loan money paid back on time lots of interest added.

Fact is, the Major Banks have been a behind the scenes major player in the Film Industry since Silent days. Studios have always finianced their films through bank loans.

2 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

I'd be a better CEO than Zaslav lol

Zaslve is not a good CEO, but he might have taken an impossible situation.

Let's put some blame on past WB adminstrations, whose spending policies is what got WB into this situation in the first place.

Anybody as CEO would have a hard time with  WB;s problems.

I don't buy Borys Kit's tweet. Comes off as pure speculation to me. Doubt WB would be dating more movies for theatrical releases if they couldn't afford to put them out that way.

In fact, what he said is already incorrect, as WB is also releasing House Party in theaters this year, so that makes 3 theatrical releases, not 2.

Just now, Lion Roar said:

Zaslav will sell DC to raise cash the way this is going. Jesus the state of WB.

I think DC will be the last thing WB would sell since that is theri most valuable asset. Might as well just declare bankruptcy.

Just now, datpepper said:

I don't buy Borys Kit's tweet. Comes off as pure speculation to me. Doubt WB would be dating more movies for theatrical releases if they couldn't afford to put them out that way.

In fact, what he said is already incorrect, as WB is also releasing House Party in theaters this year, so that makes 3 theatrical releases, not 2.

A company is in bad shape if they cannot afford the money for theatrical releases  which is about where they are.

I think something has happened in the last couple of days, and now they are in "Let's just survive this fiscal year" mode.

2 minutes ago, datpepper said:

I agree, seems a little overboard on the dramatics but I’m sure they aren’t in a good financial situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

A company is in bad shape if they cannot afford the money for theatrical releases  which is about where they are.

Not saying WBD is in terrific financial health, but if they couldn't afford theatrical releases, I don't think they would be dating even more of them.

Edited by datpepper

1 minute ago, datpepper said:

Not saying WBD is in terrific financial health, but if they couldn't afford theatrical releases, I don't think they would be dating even more of them.

They moved them to the next fiscal year, basically to try to slow the bleeding this fiscal year.

Just now, dudalb said:

They moved them to the next fiscal year, basically to try to slow the bleeding this fiscal year.

I would say these were more positional shifts than being unable to afford to release them. Shazam 2 wasn't generating quite enough buzz, and going up against Avatar and Puss in Boots over the holidays was a tough situation. I think it's better positioned in March, closer to when the first came out. Same case for Aquaman.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Just remember who the most likely buyer is...............

Amazon. 

DC would fit into every product they offer: Film and TV for Prime Video, Games for Amazon Gaming, podcasts for Audible/Prime Music, Comics for Comixology/Kindle, Toys and Merchandise for the online store.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1