Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

Argo has a ton of F bombs, so the rating at least as defined by the MPAA is deserved

But the MPAA still believes in 2012 they are protecting the ears of children from F Bombs by giving an R to movies like ARGO ?My God, they are so out of touch with reality.
  • Like 1

I knew what the f bomb was by the age of 10, I don't think language is a good enough reason to give an R rating, maybe graphic sex talk like in some of Apatow's movies, but TKS getting an R rating for 10 f bombs is ridiculous

• Like 1

Atrocious for Perks.

Noctis, if it makes you feel any better I'll be watching Perks within the next 10 days or so. I went to the movies twice this weekend (Argo and Looper) but didn't catch Perks because both times I went and tried to sell it to the person I was with, they said said no :( So Perks will have to be a solo trip.

The NFL and MLB are killing Sunday's right now.

Plus NBA season is starting up. But yeah it's the LCS and football that are bad for the box office. I haven't seen a movie on Sunday for a while. Drops seem to be around the same as last year, maybe a little higher, so it doesn't look like its much of a surprise.

I knew what the f bomb was by the age of 10, I don't think language is a good enough reason to give an R rating, maybe graphic sex talk like in some of Apatow's movies, but TKS getting an R rating for 10 f bombs is ridiculous

The MPAA is probably filled with a bunch of guys who look like the two old men from the Muppets.
  • Like 1

Noctis, if it makes you feel any better I'll be watching Perks within the next 10 days or so. I went to the movies twice this weekend (Argo and Looper) but didn't catch Perks because both times I went and tried to sell it to the person I was with, they said said no :( So Perks will have to be a solo trip.

I'll go with you!
  • Like 1

I'll go with you!

Can you believe my gf was like.. "ehh, not this one". Pfft, eff you too then :P JK I love her to death because she puts up with my nerd movie loving but she wanted to sit this one out and I can't for the life of me figure out why. It looks like a stand up film. She preferred to go catch Looper, so I guess I can't argue there. But something tells me she wanted to go see it more for JGL than the actual film, itself. <_<

All films will drop probably

They did. Rth already posted that most films fell close to 50% on Sunday. Edited by Halloween baumer