Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

etr905 buddy, I'm more than happy to engage in a box office war, actually I'd like that a lot, but besides that your approach is inappropriate. First of all, there's a thing called Advanced Schedule which includes all the blockbuster for the year, so you KNEW that Hindenburg is coming out that week, so for you to ask ME to move the film is ridiculous. Also the title says it all, it's not an adult film, it's appealing for all ages. Comparing it to Cloud Atlas is nothing short of insulting, looking at the release the date, the budget and the genre of the film. For that reason the ID release is utmost important for me, had that spot been taken earlier I would have delayed the release for next year. I don't see why you MUST release your film that week, but as I said before I have no problems if you do so, I would suggest to do otherwise merely for your film's sake. ;)

Well, actually, I had taken it for Lucid before you posted in the original advance schedule, but I'm fine where Lucid is now. Also, I compared Hindenburg to Titanic. :D

I do believe that Hindenburg can be nearly as big as Titanic. ;)

It will depend on strong WOM, like Titanic had, epescially since it's opening on the same weekend as another tentpole. It needs to hold up in the long run, and bad WOM will not help and it will crash below $200M. Same would go for Red Pyramid.

etr905 buddy, I'm more than happy to engage in a box office war, actually I'd like that a lot, but besides that your approach is inappropriate. First of all, there's a thing called Advanced Schedule which includes all the blockbuster for the year, so you KNEW that Hindenburg is coming out that week, so for you to ask ME to move the film is ridiculous. Also the title says it all, it's not an adult film, it's appealing for all ages. Comparing it to Cloud Atlas is nothing short of insulting, looking at the release the date, the budget and the genre of the film. For that reason the ID release is utmost important for me, had that spot been taken earlier I would have delayed the release for next year. I don't see why you MUST release your film that week, but as I said before I have no problems if you do so, I would suggest to do otherwise merely for your film's sake. ;)

906, actually. Anyways, the two films target different audiences; Red Pyramid targets tweens and teens that won't be interested to see Hindenburg, while adults will go to Hindenburg. So, no need to rage :P

Hindenburg will clear 100m on its OW. Why would it do less than WotW? It also has Channing Tatum lol It's not gonna do less than MM.etr905, you're missing the point. The way you acted is still inappropriate, it has nothing to do with the target audience of the two films. I'm happy to have a nice battle, it make the game more exciting. I have no problem Red Pyramid being there, I have a problem you wanting me to move Hindenburg and compare it to Cloud Atlas.

Hindenburg will clear 100m on its OW. Why would it do less than WotW? It also has Channing Tatum lol It's not gonna do less than MM.

It's not gonna clear 100m OW, 70 million tops. WOM should carry it to 200-300 million. It'll be huge for a film of it's kind.For The Red Pyramid I'll reserve judgement until I've read it.

Is there any big animation movie in the Summer? Besides the one in May? And what about late September?This is just in case I have to move Ratchet & Clank...

The one in May's not gonna do too well, there's no plot to it the last time I checked, and those movies don't tend to do super well.

The one in May's not gonna do too well, there's no plot to it the last time I checked, and those movies don't tend to do super well.

Just because there's not a full plot description dosen't mean it could do well. Considering it's premise, it's a wild card though.

Just because there's not a full plot description dosen't mean it could do well. Considering it's premise, it's a wild card though.

They generally don't, with no full plot description you really have no idea how the film works, and they tend not to do too well. It'll probably still do at least 100m, but anything more than that is highly unpredictable, and unlikely.