Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

The big problem with the schedule, IMO, was that it wasn't posted earlier. That way, only the seriously pre-planned releases and blockbuster hopefuls would have gotten an IMAX release, while there can probably be more flexibility with 3D.

Just did a quick analysis of the films in IMAX, and kinda gave them IMAX run dates, and formats that match up somewhat with real life IMAX. I wrote unknown for some end dates as there wasn't a movie to pick up those IMAX screens unless something like Lucid plays in 15/70 screens for more than 3 months.

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (3D) (February 6) - Digital IMAX only, 6 February - 5 March

Paradise Lost (March 5) 15/70 IMAX, 5 March - 30 April and Digital IMAX, 5 March - 9 April

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Bigfoot (3D) (April 9) Digital IMAX only, 9 April - 30 April

Oro (3D) (April 30) 15/70 IMAX, 30 April - 2 July and Digital IMAX 30 April - 18 June (Split screens with Blue Beetle 14 May, and 39 Clues 28 May)

Blue Beetle (3D) (May 14) Digital IMAX only 14 May - 28 May (Split Screens with Oro)

The 39 Clues: Maze Of Bones (3D) (May 28) Digital IMAX only 28 May - 18 June (Split screens with Oro)

The Adventures of Chris Smith: Island of Dinosaurs (3D) (June 18) Digital IMAX only (18 June - 25 June)

The Red Pyramid (June 25 - IMAX Exclusive release) Digital IMAX only (25 June - 2 July)

Hindenberg (July 2) 15/70 IMAX 2 July - 30 July and Digital IMAX 2 July - 30 July

Lucid (July 30) 15/70 IMAX 30 July - Unknown and Digital IMAX 30 July - 13 August

The House Of The Scorpion (August 13) Digital IMAX Only 13 August - 20 August (I'm not sure why this film would be in IMAX)

Plastic Man (3D) (August 20) Digital IMAX Only 20 August - 3 September

Time Lapse (September 3) - Digital IMAX Only 3 September - Unknown (I'm not quite sure why this film would be in IMAX)

Worlds Apart (November 19) 15/70 IMAX 19 November - Unknown and Digital IMAX 19 November - Unknown

Time Lapse (September 3) - Digital IMAX Only 3 September - Unknown (I'm not quite sure why this film would be in IMAX)

The main motive for putting TL in IMAX was simply because there was nothing in September/October for the format, and that kind of seems like a waste, no?

The main motive for putting TL in IMAX was simply because there was nothing in September/October for the format, and that kind of seems like a waste, no?

That makes sense. I was judging by the plot, and I didn't really see anything that says IMAX. You've got a pretty open ended run there, no definite end date in sight :P Also, Vast Dark 4 could probably be in IMAX, just so that we have something playing in October in IMAX.

Well I hope that 3D is taken into account for predictions. I raised the budget for SpellForce 3 from $150M to $250M for native shot and better visuals. (SpellForce 1 and 2 weren´t in 3D and had budgets of $150M).

/pushIMAX just pushes the OW I think.