The Stingray

Arnold vs. Sly. Who has made the best movies?

Arnold & Sly.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who has made the best movies, Arnold or Sly?

• Arnold.
    • Sly.
  2. 2. What's your favorite Arnold movie?

• Conan the Barbarian
    • The Terminator
    • Commando
    • Predator
    • Twins
    • Total Recall
    • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    • True Lies
    • Jingle All the Way
    • Other
  3. 3. What's your favorite Sly Stallone movie?

• Rocky
    • Rocky III
    • First Blood
    • Rocky IV
    • Cobra
    • Tango & Cash
    • Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot
    • Cliffhanger
    • Demolition Man
    • Cop Land
    • Rocky Balboa
    • Rambo
    • Other

Gotta go with Stallone here as I own more movies made by him than Ahnuld. I have the entire Rocky series(-V) and Rambo series(-III). I also own Cliffhanger, Expendables, D-Man and Judge Dredd. Also Lock Up and Tango & Cash.Ahnuld it's just Terminator 1-3, True Lies, Conan, Predator and Total Recall. 14 to 7 win for Sly.Plus Stallone's best is better than Arnold's: Rocky over T2, IMO.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

Ok, I'll take a stab at this. I'll take my fiften best Sly films and put them up against my fifteen best Arnold films and see if I can really figure out which one I like best.Note: For a film to get 10.5/10, it means that they go beyond perfection, they are one of top 10 films ever made imo. In no particular order:Sly:1) Rocky: 10/102) Rocky II: 9.5/103) Rocky III: 9/104) Rocky IV: 10/105) Rocky Balboa: 9.5/106) First Blood: 10.5/10 7) Rambo FB II: 10/108) Rambo: 9/109) Cliffhanger: 9/1010) The Expendables: 9.5/1011) Copland: 9/1012) Cobra: 9/1013) Tango and Cash: 9/1014) Demolition Man: 8.5/1015) Expendables 2: 8/10139.5/150Arnold:1) Terminator: 10/102) Terminator 2: 10.5/103) Terminator 3: 8.5/104) Commando: 9.5/105) Predator: 10/106) Running Man: 9/107) Twins: 9/108) True Lies: 10/109) Kindergarten Cop: 9/1010) Total Recall: 8/1011) The Expendables 2: 8/1012) Conan the Barbarian: 8/1013) Red Heat: 8/1014) The Last Action Hero: 8/1015) Eraser: 7/10132.5/150So I guess I do like Sly more.

• Like 2

I'll show you how to do it:

Ahnold

1. Predator - 10

2. The Terminator - 10

3. Total Recall - 9

4. Terminator 2 - 9

5. True Lies - 9

6. Twins - 8

7. Terminator 3 - 7

8. Commando - 7

9. The Running Man - 7

10. End of Days - 6

Total score: 82/100

Sly

1. First Blood - 10

2. Rocky - 9

3. Rocky III - 8

4. Rocky IV - 8

5. Demolition Man - 8

6. Cop Land - 7

7. Rambo - 7

8. Cobra - 7

9. Cliffhanger - 7

10. Rambo: First Blood 2 - 6

Total score: 77/100

So I guess Ahnold wins. :wave:

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray

I'll show you how to do it:

Ahnold

1. Predator - 10

2. The Terminator - 10

3. Total Recall - 9

4. Terminator 2 - 9

5. True Lies - 9

6. Twins - 8

7. Terminator 3 - 7

8. Commando - 7

9. The Running Man - 7

10. End of Days - 6

Total score: 82/100

Sly

1. First Blood - 10

2. Rocky - 9

3. Rocky III - 8

4. Rocky IV - 8

5. Demolition Man - 8

6. Cop Land - 7

7. Rambo - 7

8. Cobra - 7

9. Cliffhanger - 7

10. Rambo: First Blood 2 - 6

Total score: 77/100

So I guess Ahnold wins. :wave:

Those are horrible scores. Rambo 2, a 6? That's one of my all time favourite films.

No, but for real though. What I'm trying to say is, to paraphrase Melvin Udall, people who like Michael Bay oughta shampoo my crotch.

He's one of my favouirte directors. He hasn't made a bad film.Your taste in film sucks.

I like you Baumer, but that gotta be the clown statement of the year. :rofl:

Right, I guess there are no opinions at this place. It's just what you think. Bay makes movies that people want to see. I've enjoyed every film he's made with the exception of Bad Boys II, which was kind of a let down. But Armageddon, and all his Transformers films are excellent. The man can do no wrong or very little in my eyes.

Another thing that puts me in the Stallone camp is that, he creates characters and you invest in the human side of his roles a lot more.Rocky 6 and Rambo 4 both succeeded in my view because audiences loved the characters as well as the films. An other the hill Rocky Balboa or an aging John Rambo is intriguing enough to make me want to see the film (and I would watch Rocky 7 or Rambo 5 tomorrow for thoses reasons).Arnie's roles rely more on the fact that he is Arnie. I am less bothered about seeing a 4th Arnie Terminator because I don't feel he can play the role any more and there is the difference for me.In Terminator, Conan or Predator I fell am watching Arnold Schwarzenegger (as good as that is when done well) but with Rocky and Rambo, i care about Rocky and rambo, not Stallone.

• Like 2

I'm sorry Baumie, but I cant keep this up. Its like arguing with a child. Lets get back to Arnold & Sly.

Your arrogance is impressive. You're calling me a child because I like Bay?

Another thing that puts me in the Stallone camp is that, he creates characters and you invest in the human side of his roles a lot more.Rocky 6 and Rambo 4 both succeeded in my view because audiences loved the characters as well as the films.

I damn well cared when the T-800 lowered himself into the molten steel to destroy himself. Because i was invested in him.Had Sly played a robot that doesn't age two decades ago he wouldn't be able to play it anymore either (T3 was already borderline).I wouldn't say Sly can act. Can he act better than Arnold? Yes.Like it has been pointed out, Arnold worked with the much better directors.