The Stingray

Arnold vs. Sly. Who has made the best movies?

Arnold & Sly.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who has made the best movies, Arnold or Sly?

• Arnold.
    • Sly.
  2. 2. What's your favorite Arnold movie?

• Conan the Barbarian
    • The Terminator
    • Commando
    • Predator
    • Twins
    • Total Recall
    • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    • True Lies
    • Jingle All the Way
    • Other
  3. 3. What's your favorite Sly Stallone movie?

• Rocky
    • Rocky III
    • First Blood
    • Rocky IV
    • Cobra
    • Tango & Cash
    • Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot
    • Cliffhanger
    • Demolition Man
    • Cop Land
    • Rocky Balboa
    • Rambo
    • Other

Sly can act, write, direct, produce, edit and choreograph, and he does those things with regularity.

He has charisma too. His appearance on Letterman several weeks back was great. Even after the recent tragedies that have stricken his family, he was able to address those sad issues while promoting a movie with tact and grace. Not an easy thing to do. Kudos.
  • Like 1

Rocky's speech to his kid in RB was the best piece of acting I've seen from Stallone. He hasn't lost a step. And the best piece of acting from Arnold(probably True Lies, playing human is harder than playing a robot) is no better than Stallone horribly directed in films like Daybreak and Tango & Cash(I like the film, but more on a cheesy level than anything else).

• Like 1

No, no...Commando is Arnie's Rambo. Let's not forget that Sly did the one man army thing in 1982 with First Blood, which propelled Arnie to make Commando. In First Blood, Rambo was against the national guard and Hope police force. When Sly made Rambo First Blood Part II, that was just a continuation of First Blood.

Not a big deal here, but I like to give credit where it's due. I adore Commando too, so I'm not biased. My grades:

Rambo First Blood Part II 100/100

Commando 100/100

First Blood 100/100

• Like 1

Tough one thisRocky IV vs T2Rocky vs T1Rocky III vs True LiesDemo Man vs ConanTricky one this one. Arnie, I adore The Terminators (there are only two!), and true lies is pretty epic. Stallone is awesome in the Rocky's (There is a missing fifth film there somewhere), demolition man is awesome, and The Expendables was a heck of an achievement from a logistical point of view. So difficult. Arnie, no Stallone. No Arnie, No Stallone. ARGH!!!

Commando is a lot of fun and I love the movie I give it10 out of 10. But it is not more epic than Rambo 2. Rambo 2 is in my opinion 1 of the best action films ever made and it's at the bar incredibly hot for action movies to follow.

• Like 1