baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

Box office success in no way determines a film's longevity.Expendables 2 will gross more than Frankenweenie and Perks, but they will rip it to shreds in the future when it comes to recognition and reception.

I love TE2, but yeah, i think you're right

Box office success in no way determines a film's longevity.

Expendables 2 will gross more than Frankenweenie and Perks, but they will rip it to shreds in the future when it comes to recognition and reception.

You have such an inflated opinion of Perks. Nobody is caring about it or about the critics reviews of it. That's what the public are thinking now and that's what they'll think in the future too. It's just another teenage drama. Tons get released every year, and all of them get forgotten (some with great critical success too).

But one thing is for sure, nobody forgets The Expendables.

A coming of age film that has gone from 7.7 on IMDB to an 8.5 will be forgotten? That's phenomenal for any film, and if Perks manages to maintain that average when it hits 25,000 votes, it will enter the top 50 in IMDB's top 250.

I don't think any teenage film in recent memory has come anywhere close to that.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

I havent seen Perks yet, but i think it could be The Breakfast Club for this generation

I love Breakfast Club very much, but Perks is darker and more emotional. It deals with very heavy issues and the characters are much more real.

There are more people in Mexico that have seen TE2 than have seen Perks worldwide. With those odds, TE2 will live longer.

And there are tons of movies on the IMDB Top lists that are seen as boring and "only for film scholars", so people ignore them. Looks like Perks is one of those. TE2 is for the masses, and masses pass on and share WOM.

THere's no way it won't be remembered.

I love Breakfast Club very much, but Perks is darker and more emotional. It deals with very heavy issues and the characters are much more real.

Sure, but i said " for this generation" so of course it can be darker Edited by Jack Nevada

There are more people in Mexico that have seen TE2 than have seen Perks worldwide. With those odds, TE2 will live longer.

And there are tons of movies on the IMDB Top lists that are seen as boring and "only for film scholars", so people ignore them. Looks like Perks is one of those. TE2 is for the masses, and masses pass on and share WOM.

THere's no way it won't be remembered.

More people talk about Dazed and Confused then Demolition Man so there
  • Like 1

Emma Watson stripping and dancing in her bra and panties will undoubtedly be a million times more popular than any scene from EXP1/EXP2.

The numbers don't back that claim up.I guess people don't find Watson stripping to be enough of a draw to pay for the price of a ticket. But they do think that Stallone's muscles are worth the price of a ticket.Funny that.

Furthermore, what makes you think people will watch Perks in the future if they are not watching it in cinemas now? You are basically making a case for it having gone straight to DVD rather than cinema. :rofl:

Because movies never find a big audience on video?
  • Like 2