kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

Very early prediction for 2015:

DOM

1. Avengers 2 - 575

2. Star Wars 7 - 550

3. Mockingjay 2 - 450

4. Bond 24 - 325

5. Fast & Furious 7 - 280

Minions and Inside Out would be contenders to fight for #5 spot.

WW

1. Avengers 2 - 1.8 billion

2. Star Wars 7 - 1.4 billion

3. Bond 24 - 1.1 billion

4. Mockingjay 2 - 1 billion

5. Fast & Furious 7 - 900

I do not see Minions or Inside Out (or any other movie) reaching 900

• Like 2

My Perdict

DOM

1. Avengers 2 - 605

2. Star Wars 7 - 520

3. Mockingjay 2 - 455

4. Bond 24 - 310

5. Fast & Furious 7 - 250

WW

1. Avengers 2 - 605/1.05= 1.655 Billion 

2. Star Wars 7 - 520/700 = 1.22 Billion  

3. Bond 24 -  310/750 = 1.060 billion

4. Mockingjay 2 - 455/550= 1.005 billion

5. Fast & Furious 7 - 250/630= 880 WW

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

WW I think the 3rd biggest film will be Bond. Domestically I'm going with MJ part 2.

I'm still flip flopping with Star Wars and Avengers 2. TA2 is obviously the favorite and has barely any competition until Jurassic World but I really think Star Wars can do some extraordinary numbers with this Winter release date.

• Like 2

I am not seeing TA2 falling more then 10% from TA.

I know mega hit films usually decline but I think when there is limited competition and still great levels of hype, and a good film I think TA 2 will do over 600 million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I am not seeing TA2 falling more then 10% from TA.

I know mega hit films usually decline but I think when there is limited competition and still great levels of hype, and a good film I think TA 2 will do over 600 million. 

WW I think the 3rd biggest film will be Bond. Domestically I'm going with MJ part 2.

I'm still flip flopping with Star Wars and Avengers 2. TA2 is obviously the favorite and has barely any competition until Jurassic World but I really think Star Wars can do some extraordinary numbers with this Winter release date.

I agree with both. TA had very good WOM and people liked it, so people will come back to see this. Even although it will not probably have the same great legs, if it is able to beat the OW it can manage over 550.

On the other hand, Star Wars has Christmas. It will destroy the December OW record and if it is just a decent movie, it will get a x3.5-4 multiplier (Hobbit I, having a very average WOM, it had a 3.6 multiplier after December record). With an opening of about 125-140, it can reach 500 and maybe more.

SW7 is STILL expected to come out in 2015? And I'm Elizabeth II.

Why wouldn't it?Scripts done, actors are being looked at and they've been deep into pre-production for months. The studio in England is ready to go and set construction has been going on for at least a couple months now. Principle photography isn't supposed to start till April/May. If Jurassic World can start filming in June and be out for next Summer, I'm pretty sure JJ can have it ready for December of next year.
  • Like 1

SWs may move to Winter 2016 and it could face the Juggernaut...THough I suspect Disney would never

want to compete with the biggest sequel in history Movie fan and friends.

I wonder if BOnd will be that big with no major character dying this time though?

SWs may move to Winter 2016 and it could face the Juggernaut...THough I suspect Disney would neverwant to compete with the biggest sequel in history Movie fan and friends.I wonder if BOnd will be that big with no major character dying this time though?

Star Wars is not moving.And a major character's death that wasn't even advertised doesn't make 1.1 billion dollars. Skyfall being a good movie is what made 1.1 billion dollars. Also being the 50th anniversary celebration helped. Skyfall's sequel will likely decrease, but that's the typical rule of sequels to big movies.And lol if you think Avatar 2 can beat ROTJ and ESB adjusted with 676 and 659.

SWs may move to Winter 2016 and it could face the Juggernaut...THough I suspect Disney would never

want to compete with the biggest sequel in history Movie fan and friends.

I wonder if BOnd will be that big with no major character dying this time though?

Why would it move?

Should change this to a "$1B WW Club?" Can 2015 at least do what 2012 achieved : 4 $1B WW movies.

JW has the potential of earning $1B WW

Huh? This is the 2015 discussion thread. Can make specific 2015 threads in late 2014. Take a risk and make it at least 5.

Billion Dollar Locks 2015Age of UltronStar Wars Episode 7Billion Dollar Potentials 2015Despicable Me Minions (2 was close, this could easily expand)Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2Fast and Furious 7Mission Impossible VJurassic WorldTommorowland