Favourite Star Trek TV Series?

20 members have voted

1. 1. Best Star Trek TV Series?

• The Original Series
    • Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise

Deep Space NineI consider it an easy vote cause of the richness and vastness of supporting characters over it's 7yrs and the gritty "realism" of war.My first exposure to Trek, 6yrs old, was on a fledgling Nickelodeon network in the early 80's that had the 70's era animated Star Trek.Then of course the TOS movies and then TNG. So my Trek exposure had plenty for DS9 to overcome and it did!

Big anti-DS9 rant - WATCH FOR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN`T SEEN IT! NOT PUTTING MY TANTRUM IN INVISO OR SPOILER TAGS!DS9 would have been decent had it not been for that insufferable, annoying, fucking kill-her-now bitch Major with stitched nose. Gosh, what a horrible overactress and what a horrible character (basically space Al-Qaida that we were supposed to root for) and her ass was so fuckin huge and distracting because she would twirle it like a hooker and yet the character was an officer so WTF,geez,what an epic fail. I see on the Internet that there are so many haters of that idiot and with the good reason.Anyway, my cat loved this shit so I watched with her, she`d always throw a tantrum if I forgot the time and some episodes were actually really good, mostly when that lizard tailor spy fucks over everyone, the one when he dupes Sissyko into backstabbing Romulans was great. But, boy, the stiched-nosed bitch ruined everything and she had a boyfreind some disgusting jello man. Now I`m not a racist but some inter-species fuckin just shouldn`t happen. Humanoids and jellyfish or other type of slime, no sir, puke.Anyway, the bitch didn`t die,duh, but black captain did, duh, it`s always a black guy who snuffs it, although they introduced some really stupid religious mumbo-jumbo where he became a space alien with flat voice and inability to emote. Those,like, lived in a wormhole and acted as deus ex machina when the budget was tight. Like when there was this build up for a big battle but ratings were low and they didn`t want to spend money on SFX space battle but made those aliens-angels, who make Keanu look as animated as DDL in TWBB, produce some electicity and make the fleet disappear. Like fuckin Breaking Dawn showdown with Volturi that never happened but they built it up for the whole fuckin season/book.And they made the hottest girl snuff it and replaced her with some tomboy. Stupid or what?But Klingons and lizards were cool and Klingon wedding rocked, no wonder Trekkies get married like that.Useless trivia: I got vindicated when Friday the 13th hired the sticthed-nosed bitch for head-chopping. She played Jason`s mom for a second before her head got chopped off. Most rewindable moment in movies for me since that TV shit where Shitto is run over by a stage coach.

Edited by fishnets

For the record DS9 is my personal favourite. It had the most developed characters (both Good and Evil), and stories that spanned seasons rather than just episodes. It was the most mature trek in many ways, but it also still had a good sense of fun about it.

• Like 1

TOS and TNG are basically tied for me. I like TOS for the absolute crazy ingenuity to come up with an entire amazing universe and then do their best to put that on screen with the limitations of the period and the budget they had. But TNG fully realized that universe and is way more consistent due to the advantages of that period and the bigger budget. TNG's stories and characterization are better as well, but I still have to give TOS the edge for being first and that I grew up as a little kid watching reruns of it(Most of TNG came out while I was in my teens).

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

TNG without a doubt followed by ENTERPRISE  they're the only ones i've seen , i love enterprise because its the only one i saw live somewhat i heard they were going to make it and caught some reruns during breaks and finally watched it all within a year of its cancellation

and now trekkers and trekkies , i've finally decided to watch TOS even if it looks crazy cheesy ,still i can totally see how cool it would look to kids and people at the time it came out, so i saw the pilot episode (well 5mn only) with some other dude as the captain and he was lame looked like he didnt know what to do or say  didnt seemed captain-ish enough,no wonder he got the boot and they refilmed the pilot lolllll

enter william shatner , and he knocks it out of the park from the beginning there's a captain who's sure of himself  and has the swag totally believable and his line delivery flawless , and zulu scotty and spock all there but i haven't seen bones yet, its uncanny how the 2009 cast looks like them

i keep hearing good things about DS9 and fishnets is always a good barometer for judging things, if it elicited that kind of response in her and her cat ,,it might be worth a look  

DS9 - Easily,  the most complex story telling and the deepest range of characters and supporting characters.  

TNG _ If not for the utterly awful seasons 1 and 2 and middlingly season 7, it might have given DS9 a run for the money.

TOS _ First love, right out of the gate, but it was also very hit and miss and had very little depth to it.  Of course it was first, from a truly different era of tv.  And had two really strong seasons.  But a the third season blew junks and right there thats a third of a series.

ENT - Closest in spirit to TOS, but we already had 500 plus hours of Trek.  Suffered from a lack of a driven lead character until season three.  And a season four that had materials fans wanted but thrown together in a way that felt completely contrived.  The only series that really tried to capture the AWE of being in space.  

VOY - If the show would have been set in the Alpha Quadrant, it would have been fine.  But isolated, the show basically ignored its own on concept.  Suffered its its first three years by the constant change of leadership. in the writing staff, with two primary writers who wanted to tell two different style of shows (Piller and Taylor).    Two standout characters (who were used to much, but they did rock as characters), but more bland characters then any other modern Trek.

DS9 is the best by a mile for all the reasons already listed.

TNG is a close second just because it came out when I was in my teens.

TOS is next, much more advanced than people give it credit for. Once you see past the primary colours its got great stories.

Voyager, well i liked it at the time, and it has its moments, but it hasnt stood the test of time very well, and much of it is rubbish.

All of Enterprise is rubbish, season 3 should be banned.

I found Fishnets rant amusing, in my mind she is Kira, but thinks she is Dax.

Edited by Rovex

I'm sad about Voyager. It's a great show but in the end its average is simply not up to the standard of TNG or DS9. Still, it's a very decent product of the franchise, even if its possibilities were massively wasted.

I voted for DS9.

Edited by The47th