baumer

Full Weekend estimates pg 17

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter cause it's still classified as a "hit" and PA5 is a done deal..

Yes it's making Paramount money but the same way The Devil Inside made them money. It's called 'respecting your audience' and PA4 didn't do that. I haven't met one person who like PA4. PA5 is going to drop even more.

Yes it's making Paramount money but the same way The Devil Inside made them money. It's called 'respecting your audience' and PA4 didn't do that. I haven't met one person who like PA4. PA5 is going to drop even more.

If PA5 follows the same drop from PA3 to PA4, we'll be looking at a $15 million OW and a total under $30 million.At that point, this "super cheap" movie franchise actually wouldn't be making much money (if any) after you factor in marketing budgets and other costs.
  • Like 1

Sandy will affect Monday and Tuesday mainly. Life should be back to normal by Friday.

The storm should be gone by then

The storm might be gone by Friday, but if those dire predictions of power outages lasting 7-10 days are true, some theaters may still be without power by then.On the other hand, if theaters in your town do have power, then they may be an attractive option to take a break from storm clean-up and reality. Some nice climate-controlled entertainment could turn out to be really useful for some folks by next weekend.

@giteshpandya

#CloudAtlas up slightly from SUN est w/ new WKND est of $9.6M. Still dismal & nearly same as opening DAY of #JohnCarter.

:P Cloud Atlas makes JC a blockbuster!

Guru is reaching pretty hard on that one. Nothing will make JC a blockbuster. CA was a 100m Independent Film with minimal marketing. JC was a 250m studio tentpole with sky's the limit marketing.

I know he's trying to be clever but it is just really stupid to compare the two.