A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Disney already gave up Cruella and will not spend one single penny here, which is not a surprise. All they can do is praying for Black Widow.

Yeah; not much hype even when release date was announced and whoever was really interested probably seen it online.

Some fans will still rewatch it in theaters i guess.

If BW comes out 1 week after PA release elsewhere...then LOL...

On 5/26/2021 at 9:49 PM, Gavin Feng said:

Invite Wu Jing, Donnie Yen or any major local action stars in F10. Let them kill those annoying families one by one. Probably flop in everywhere else but easily $3 billion in China alone.

Lol, you were just saying these a few weeks back and instead of F10, we see John Wick’s team really followed the approach and cast Donnie Yen 😁

Now I am curious, will China invest in John Wick 4? And will it release in China noting all 3 previous films were not released there. I mean I understand that the production team and director cast Donnie Yen because they are huge fans of him and the first few JW films were inspired by Yen’s older films…. But casting him also opens the door to China I would think.

Edited by TigerPaw

2 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Lol, you were just saying these a few weeks back and instead of F10, we see John Wick’s team really followed the approach and cast Donnie Yen 😁

Now I am curious, will China invest in John Wick 4? And will it release in China noting all 3 previous films were not released there. I mean I understand that the production team and director cast Donnie Yen because they are huge fans of him and the first few JW films were inspired by Yen’s older films…. But casting him also opens the door to China I would think.

One major studio in China once wanted to import JW3 in 2019 or 2020. That didn't happen for some reasons. I heard the censorship was not a big problem. So it's probably about money or something else. With Donnie Yen, I hardly see those businessmen could ignore China so easy unless he only have few seconds in this movie.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Ahan I see China want South Indian stuff. Guess we should unleash South India on China when Indian films are re allowed.

no they definitely not. 2.0 is a major loss here in terms of indian movies. I think Korea stuff will be popular once the ban get removed in the end of this year. Along with the Gods is expecting to have a release plan.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Like 1