A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Look at it in another way.

China/DOM ratio:

CA2 ----- 116M/260M ------ 45%

ASM2 ----- 94M/210M- ------ 45%

DOFP ----- 117M/215M+ ------ 54%

Mutants easily win ... 

So now we have reached the point that action packed A-list Hollywood blockbusters can easily do 50% of US-CA box office in China. PR was an exception. (But some B/C list Hollywood action movies have already made more in China than in US.)

TF4 should do 70-80% of DOM total in China, maybe more.I think 3-4 years of now, we may be seeing similar grosses from DOM and China for.many action films.

Edited by Fake

Monday looks it could hit 45m ... but I am not confident for a 20m Tuesday. Thinking 60% holiday-weekday drop for 18m. So I would say a 142m (45+18+15+12+12+22+18) week for 656m total after three, to be conservative. It is possible that it wouldnt increase on Friday with EoT opening.Anyway I think passing CA2 720M is virtually a lock now, even considering CA2 had about 30m of May holiday bump in its last few days.After 11 days: CA2 516M VS X-DOFP 560M

Hmm.... 18m seems right on second thought since Tuesday is generally one-third of Saturday gross. But I think it will hold somewhat better during the week.For comparison, Cap2 had 16m Tue and after that its dailies were 14-13-12-22-19. On Friday it had to contend with two openers grossing 33m combined. That is roughly the same competition DOFP faces this week.
  • Like 1

China/DOM ratio:

Mutants easily win ... 

So now we have reached the point that action packed A-list Hollywood blockbusters can easily do 50% of US-CA box office in China. PR was an exception. (But some B/C list Hollywood action movies have already made more in China than in US.)

firedeep is zhu zhu xia mutant. :P 

What is great for the MCU products is that there are new, hence on the increase curve of their popularity and life span.  

They are in a position where they didn't reached their maturity point yet, hence why they are likely to increase more than X men or Spidey on the domestic front too with each sequel.

Spidey and X Men have a bigger task to increase significantly theirs because they have reached a maturity point and have to retain whatever fanbase they have acquired for years during all those movies.  

People who have been deceived over the last 6 movies are more hard to convince to get back on board.  In the same way, new fans after 6 movies are difficult to gain.  So they have to deliver a great flick and introduce a new concept.

On the contrary, CA is on his increase curve and has AOU for another huge exposure in between, with a bigger scale, a bigger audience to maximise his increasing popularity to its paroxism.

That's why, i beleive granted the competition, CA3 is the most likely to approach or reach $1billion because of its position in its life span and popularity curve which will put him in a better position to increase much more than Xmen or Spidey on the domestic curve while increasing on the foreign front too.

I like your logic my friend I  too see great things for the Captain and  Evans future.. I hope Chris trys to direct a Marvel Feature as well in the future for disney. I heard his outing as a director was very good, though  its a small scale film

• Like 1

China/DOM ratio:

Mutants easily win ... 

Juggernaut 2016 will be the first to hit 350-400+M in China alone.. So thats like a freaking Uber Blockbuster US  Gross. :)