A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

today is really crazy. My roommate who never saw any MCU movies told me he just booked tickets with other classmates. There are so many people like him that would help EG to hit single day record.

Great for the box office but what a horrible way to experience the conclusion of a major franchise. Should have at least watched 1 2 and Civil War and/or at the very minimum Infinity War beforehand. So many moments and stories that people coming into it cold won't appreciate or understand. 

14 minutes ago, RaidensSword said:

Great for the box office but what a horrible way to experience the conclusion of a major franchise. Should have at least watched 1 2 and Civil War and/or at the very minimum Infinity War beforehand. So many moments and stories that people coming into it cold won't appreciate or understand. 

Hey they might do that and watch AEG 2nd time. You never know

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Hey they might do that and watch AEG 2nd time. You never know

Maybe but that's still vastly inferior to and less satisfying than having the full picture beforehand or at least some idea of the stakes. Can't comprehend starting at the end for anything like this, same goes for a series of books or a tv show. 

Great for box office. Just terrible for the way the Marvel Universe concept is intended. 

• Like 1

The movie's WOM is obviously incredible but its presales are so high and it has already burnt off so much demand that I don't think it will see PS multipliers above 2.5 until next weekend at the earliest. @POTUS 2020 you really need to revise your May 1 PSm on those charts, I don't think it'll reach the 3x you're expecting.

Just now, john2000 said:

what about today where it will end up ?

currently doing 22m an hour roughly. 

I'd say 524m at 8pm, 545m at 9pm then decline, around 570m finish for me. 

Though, I am no expert in CBO.

• Like 1

Just now, john2000 said:

according to yor previous post sundey could make up for it right ?

Well, I think Sunday might make around 240m.

Depends what you're looking for when you say "make up for it". 

Overall this is a very good result, aiming for 2250m 5 day opening week, around $340m ish. Domestic looks to win the title for biggest OW in a single market.