A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Sorry, I didn't explain very well :P I know this, he traveled in the US recently and I red this about him. :D

I talked about this : "You can bet that this market will not stop exploding at this speed for a few years."

:P

Well, Xi Jinping is a huge fan of Hollywood films, and he's the new leader of China. Do I really need to say that again? :P

LiT beats Avatar in admissions in 20 days. I'm sure this is something we thought we would never see untill Avatar 2.The new leader Xi Jinping is a huge fan of Hollywood movies. You can bet that this market will not stop exploding at this speed for a few years.

As long as SARFT insist the 50%/45% local films market share red line, nothing really matters is going to happen.

As long as SARFT insist the 50%/45% local films market share red line, nothing really matters is going to happen.

I have to completely disagree. A lot of things happened already. This market has been exploding for two years already under this 50/45 situation, so another two years is definitely possible.It's not about SARFT insisting or not. SARFT is just like a department of the government and it is behaving based on the will of the government, which Xi is the boss right now. Xi seems to be MUCH more open-minded than Hu. He already discussed relative issues with USA last time he visited there. So, if he wants to change something, he will do it, and it will be done no matter what.

I have to completely disagree. A lot of things happened already. This market has been exploding for two years already under this 50/45 situation, so another two years is definitely possible.

It's not about SARFT insisting or not. SARFT is just like a department of the government and it is behaving based on the will of the government, which Xi is the boss right now. Xi seems to be MUCH more open-minded than Hu. He already discussed relative issues with USA last time he visited there. So, if he wants to change something, he will do it, and it will be done no matter what.

Problem is, what he wants/has to do, he has already done. That is, expanding the quota to 34. And that's it. Nothing more gonna happen next several years.

For a man on Xi's position, the most of what he does are what he has to do, not what he wants to do. Look at Hu, what big things had he done during his 10 years ? Nothing really, besides being a good chamberlain for the big families. A good man and a clear one Hu is. And that's why he barely did/changed any big things. He even never showed his real political viewpoints during his time. And what Xi will do is let balance continues, nothing more.

In the films case, it is probably more complicated than any other industrial areas. It relates to countless celebrities, big figures, rich people, and more than 3 millions employees. Most of those people want to make more and more (hot) money from China's ever fast expanding film market. More importantly, it also has something to do with multiple ideologies from multiple generations among the party.

I have just watched the 720p version of Dredd and House at the End of the Street. Downloading heaps of movies is the daily routine for me and the thing that makes me a patriot =] Anyway, I would still spend money watching the Imax version of Skyfall next month eventhough it could be downloaded from internet at the same time

About 7500 screens when TF3 opened.

Now close to 13000.

Will be well more than 20000 when TF4 hits.

New screens added by year:

2008: 570

2009: 626

2010: 1477

2011: 2725

2012: 3800

Use 28% yearly increase rate, TF4 will be $365M; 30% will be $382m.

Edited by firedeep