A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I think studios consider China as the most important foreign market out there. For god's sake they try to make their films as China-Friendly as possible, I don't see them doing that for other countries. I sincerely doubt they get honestly get 25% of the gross. There's plenty of hidden curroption in China that the Studios use to get a higher percentage take of the gross.

Hollywood did make their films as Japanese friendly too e.g. Pacific Rim, The Wolverine  etc.  But what is the results?

In fact, the Chinese audience not just only support their local films, they do support Hollywood film too.  

Edited by GimmeYourLuv

Near the finale, the first Jaeger to die was from China right? lol

Yeah, Crimson Typhoon went down first. What a shame, I want to see it in action more, and there's not enough of the triplets if you ask me. I'd love to see more of them and the Russian couple. Edited by Sam
  • Like 3

Sat:

TT2 ---- 37M --- 133M

PR ---- 35.6M --- 456M

ONS ---- 16M --- 29M

FF6---- 5.7M --- 385M

FF6 will stand at 390M by Sunday. It will end up with just over 400m.

TT2 looks to do 165M 4-days opening, nearly 40% decrease from TT opening. 300M total or not depend on next week how it does against new releases.

A 31M Sunday will put PR at 487M $78.5M after 12 days. Its 2nd week totals 207M, which is on par with that of IM3, with second Wed-Sun (143M) dropping 49% from the first (280m). IM3's 3rd week (84M) should be a target for PR.

Right now I would say the finish range for PR should be 600m $96M ~ 630M $101m .... unless something goes wrong the next two weeks ....

I think Sunday PR inch edges out TT2 but Monday PR will lose to TT2 due to local films trend to drop less on Weekdays. PR should again outdo TT2 next weekend though. So which will end up doing more for next full week is still unclear IMO. The Palace (8.13) will come to #1 next week. ONS and Unbeatable (8.16) will fight for the 4th place.

Sat:

TT2 ---- 37M --- 133M

PR ---- 35.6M --- 456M

ONS ---- 16M --- 29M

FF6---- 5.7M --- 385M

FF6 will stand at 390M by Sunday. It will end up with just over 400m.

TT2 looks to do 165M 4-days opening, nearly 40% decrease from TT opening. 300M total or not depend on next week how it does against new releases.

A 31M Sunday will put PR at 487M $78.5M after 12 days. Its 2nd week totals 207M, which is on par with that of IM3, with second Wed-Sun (143M) dropping 49% from the first (280m). IM3's 3rd week (84M) should be a target for PR.

Right now I would say the finish range for PR should be 600m $96M ~ 630M $101m .... unless something goes wrong the next two weeks ....

That's not too shabby at all. $100M would be pretty damn incredible and would help offset the underwhelming performance in Japan.

2013 YTD overal box office reached 13.5B yuan $2.17B by August 10th: Local 8.2B, Foreign 5.3B.

The 13.1B overal box office mark was crossed on August 5th. The same mark was made on October 21th in 2012, on December 31th in 2011, aka 13.1B = 2011 yearly box office. So every year 13.1B will be made 40+ days ahead of previous year. We can expect, in 2014, 13.1B will be achieved around June 25th, which will be just before TF4 gets released. That is also to say, 2014 yearly box office will handily double that of 2011.

Edited by firedeep