A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Online buzz for EP7 seems on par with MI5(880M, 2D), but it will have way less competition, so 1B yuan we can expect.

Though some are only predicting 100M USD, they say this movie won't play into Chinese audience's heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lihongkim said:

Yes, Feng Xiaogang will beat Deng Chao again, he just did it in 52nd Golden Horse Award competition for best actor. 

With the NY holiday this weekend, it shouldn't be difficult. I'm confident although it will face 4 new big openers, Detective Chinatown & Heart of Heaven on 12/31 and Little Door Gods & Everybody's Fine on 1.1. 

Will Heart of Heaven break out like Goodbye Mr. Loser?

Will Little Door Gods be the next Monkey King? 

No and no.

Heart of Heaven should do decent thanks to Goodbye Mr. Loser's breakout.

My friends have seen LDG and they can't see it make half of MK.

2 hours ago, Cynosure said:

Not on Gewara :

http://www.gewara.com/movie/224406330

See the 0 at the bottom right.

It has 31.132 likes at the moment. KFP3 has 13.886 despite coming out three weeks later, and these things tend to increase massively when release dates approach.

14 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Online buzz for EP7 seems on par with MI5(880M, 2D), but it will have way less competition, so 1B yuan we can expect.

Though some are only predicting 100M USD, they say this movie won't play into Chinese audience's heart.

I see. So the report claiming that a $150m OW is being tracked is getting their sources elsewhere, like maoyan perhaps? Or just being bullish about it.

6 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

Yes, Feng Xiaogang will beat Deng Chao again, he just did it in 52nd Golden Horse Award competition for best actor. 

With the NY holiday this weekend, it shouldn't be difficult. I'm confident although it will face 4 new big openers, Detective Chinatown & Heart of Heaven on 12/31 and Little Door Gods & Everybody's Fine on 1.1. 

Will Heart of Heaven break out like Goodbye Mr. Loser?

Will Little Door Gods be the next Monkey King? 

Most think HFH wont break out. HFH was made before GML.

LDG,  80m+ budget, would be luky to not lose money

1 hour ago, sgchn40 said:

Was looking at the top 10 movies of all time in China today. It's amazing that 4 out of the top 5, and 6 out of the top 10 are from 2015... Given that Mojin is now 11th on the all time list, by the end of today, 7 of the top ten all time list in China will be 2015 movies...

http://www.cbooo.cn/Alltimedomestic

And most of them will be replaced again in 2016 

• Like 1

Somebody mentioned in another thread that Avatar had 2 months in China instead of the usual 1 month, which is one of the reasons it legged its way to $204 million back in early 2010. With the usual 1 month restriction, how much can Avatar 2 hope to gross given market expansion since then?

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

Somebody mentioned in another thread that Avatar had 2 months in China instead of the usual 1 month, which is one of the reasons it legged its way to $204 million back in early 2010. With the usual 1 month restriction, how much can Avatar 2 hope to gross given market expansion since then?

Firstly, we dont know if Avatar 2 will have only one month run or not. Things could be very different by A2 comes it; the one month rule could changed by that time. And, special circumstance can be arranged for special film... this is China if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

These days movies are lucky to get 2 open weeks though January date is not that bad. But Avatar 2 will open bigger and so can grow with shorter window. But I am not buying the 1B $ potential.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

These days movies are lucky to get 2 open weeks though January date is not that bad. But Avatar 2 will open bigger and so can grow with shorter window. But I am not buying the 1B $ potential.

Well, James Cameron is no spring chicken... Given his perfectionist streak, I won't be surprised if the film comes out only 2021... If he dies making Avatar 2 (touchwood), it has a chance of just doing that. 

15 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

"Insiders who spoke to Screendaily said the China debut on January 9, 2016, could deliver $150m or more in the opening weekend. "

That's really funny. 

Lol...... 150m Yuan is more likely to happen than $150m.

• Like 4

On 12/26/2015 at 6:59 PM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Just to comment about KFP3.....those local movies better not take away the "interest" from KFP3. :angry:

Everytime a new big local comes out.....that's the one people are about more. And it dampers the interest quickly than you can say...."Gone in a week". :blink:

I know one or two locals could take away a small chunk of KFP's screens.....but interest should stay for "Panda".

My updated prediction for KFP3 in China: $225m

OS - China: $450m

Total OS: $675m 

Plus $175m domestic

Total: $850m

• Like 1