A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Hopefully, but that didn't happen for the superb Inside Out.

I loved IO as well. But this will rhyme with audience in China for sure.

7 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

300m in NA?That's a very,very,very optimistic prediction.

I think its on. Market is ripe for this to break out.

9 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

With BvS only 3 weeks later?

Why not?  BvS won't open until it's 4th w/e and that hasn't exactly been marketed as a family movie.  The last great animated movie was I/O over 8 months ago.  The only other big family appeal movie during that time was Star Wars.

Edited by TalismanRing

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why not?  BvS won't open until it's 4th w/e and that hasn't exactly been marketed as a family movie.  The last great animated movie was I/O over 8 months ago.  The only other big family appeal movie during that time was Star Wars.

Only 2 WDA movies did $300m(TLK and Frozen)

I can be wrong but i don't see Zootopia making so much.

On 27/2/2016 at 2:33 PM, efialtes76 said:

Saturday 21:30

Mermaid:73.39M

TMK2:22.28M

LoS:13.4M

CTHD2:12.98M

Macau 3:12.79M

KFP3:10.36M

Left Behind:8.03M

Sunday 21:30

Mermaid:58.93M(-19.7%)

TMK2:18.53M(-16.9%)

CTHD2:11.10M(-14.5%)

Macau 3:10.88M(-15%)

KFP3:10.66M(+2.9%)

Sunday to Sunday drops:

Mermaid:-51.1%

TMK2:-40.1%

CTHD2:-67.7%

Macau 3:-52.3%

KFP3:-28.9%

Edited by efialtes76

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Cinderella had a brand name and BH6 was more appealing for chinese audience imo.

Not many people expected BH6 hit 520M last year.but it did.Disney is Disney,Pixar is Pixar.inside out is not type of Chinese taste.BH6 and Frozen both did great in China.Zootopia 250M on the floor.The number between frozen and bh6, 300M~500M is my expectation for Zootopia in China.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bangbingchan said:

Never thought Kris Wu will be next A list star.His acting is so terrible and dull.I heard about Mr.Six director delete half of his scenes  in final cut.Because Kris Wu performance is too bad.If Eddie peng acting is bad,Kris Wu is hundreds times worse than Eddie.

Kris Wu is Justin Bieber in China,He is even not a Chinese,He is a Canadian (haha same as Bieber)

I don't remember any Kris leading roles in the film except some terrible chick flicks.Mermaid,Mr.Six,Tiny times,not His film.

I agree it's good time for young generation.However,Competition is everywhere.Many younger idols come out every year.If young boys don't improve himself,fans will run to other young idols.

His acting was decent in Mr Six in my opinion. Guan Hu has been nothing but complimentary about Kris Wu's performance in the movie. There's this current affairs talk show, I don't know if people here know it, but it's produced by Phoenix TV. I watched the episode where Guan Hu and Kris Wu made an appearance and it was so clear that Guan Hu liked him and was impressed by him. So I find what you heard hard to believe, honestly. He even keeps talking about wanting to work with Kris more because he thinks the kid has so much potential. I was really surprised. I'm a huge fan of Stephen Chow and he doesn't usually promote young male actors but he really promoted Kris too. That's rare. Same with Feng Xiaogang. That's actually how I took special notice of him. I was already following the fresh meats then but I grouped them all together until instances like that happened.

I would hardly count Journey to the West 2 directed by Tsui Hark a chick flick. He's lead there. Probably the most high profile lead project any of the fresh meats has gotten.

If we're to talk about the fresh meats, the ones with promising to good acting (in my opinion) are Kris Wu, Yang Yang, Jing Boran, Lin Gengxin (if he counts as a fresh meat). The ones with mediocre to terrible acting are Li Yifeng, Luhan, William Chan. Li Yifeng is especially highlighted because he has been an actor for several years and he's still so bad. His movie with Yang Mi was probably one of the worst 2015 movies I've watched with really bad acting from both, maybe after the Zhang Ziyi and Guo Jingming produced "Baby From The Universe" (awful plot, awful acting). 

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

You guys still dont think it will make the last 25-26 mill yuan??

Monday should bring it near 980 mill

Spongebob 3D did gross more than 10M with 2% showtimes last year.It depends on how many showtimes Panda will hold next weekend.KFP3 expand its run for another month.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Olive said:

Sunday Est

Mermaid:61.3M/3145M
TMK2:19.5M/1156M
CTHD2:11.85M/235M
KFP3:11.1M/975M

Macau 3:11.35M/1088M

Naruto:4.8m/95.4m will be the 2nd Japanese movie to cross 100M Yuan

Thomas & Friends 16.4M total

What's KFP3 number?

Edited by efialtes76

1 minute ago, firedeep said:

I didnt 'get' Inside Out, thought it was dull ...

WDA is the new Pixar; Pixar is the past. WDA animations are getting better and better since 2010 while Pixar are mass producing craps like Cars 3.

Inside Out is much betetr than BH6,Frozen or Zootopia.

• Like 1

Li yifeng is much better in Mr.Six.Though I don't think Li is a good actor.Li is suitable in that film.Kris Wu performance is very dull.He doesn't know how to act.He is pretending to be cool,which is actually not.

As long as Kris Wu is in one film, other young actors will be better in acting.Kenny Lin and Kris Wu will both be leading actor in JTTW2.I believe even Kenny Lin will be an acting king compared to Kris Wu next year.

Edited by bangbingchan

42 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

975M.

Monday-Thursday:8-10M

Weekend:-90%(2.5-3M)

990M max.

Why will it only make 8-10 mill in 4 days when it should be around 5 mill tomorrow alone?

Does Zoo open on tuesday?

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

I don't like too much.

6-6.5/10 for me

So....that's what you're basing your doubts on Zootopia breaking out, of? Because you liked it less than keyser, firedeep & bangbingchan? :huh:

Kinda doubting their optimisms, do you? :ph34r:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

32 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

Li yifeng is much better in Mr.Six.Though I don't think Li is a good actor.Li is suitable in that film.Kris Wu performance is very dull.He doesn't know how to act.He is pretending to be cool,which is actually not.

As long as Kris Wu is in one film, other young actors will be better in acting.Kenny Lin and Kris Wu will both be leading actor in JTTW2.I believe even Kenny Lin will be an acting king compared to Kris Wu next year.

This is where I heavily disagree. Li Yifeng dragged the movie down for me. Heavily so. There were some emotionally charged scenes like the restaurant scene with Feng Xiaogang that he just didn't give justice to. It was frustrating to see a great actor like FXG doing so great in a scene while the actor playing his son was so dry and unable to emote. Said scene was so long too. "He is pretending to be cool" that is the entire point of his character in the movie, though. The "coolness" was a facade. I think he definitely is better than most idols.

At the end of the day this is a matter of opinion. But I agree with what respected directors like Guan Hu, Feng Xiaogang. Stephen Chow and Tsui Hark all say - that Wu has potential. I can see it.

Edited by Polaroids