A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

6 hours ago, bangbingchan said:

Most high School students are off these two days.Weekday drop will be great.XMA should hold 20% showtimes during dragon boat Festival

20% showtimes plus holidays would mean it will continue to gross good numbers. Should be 600m+ by sunday(hopefully).

• Like 2

Well, China alone shows it can save a franchise. Pacific Rim being the obvious example. Warcraft will be the next probably. Funny how both are under Legendary pictures.

Edited by Cookson

10 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Well, China alone shows it can save a franchise. Pacific Rim being the obvious example. Warcraft will be the next probably. Funny how both are under Legendary pictures.

I would actually say that Warcraft will make good money in CHina and not jsut save the day.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-06/-warcraft-will-be-bigger-than-star-wars-in-china-here-s-why

I mean if Legendary-Wanda keep a 55-57% as article indicates this is a huge thing.thats a 25% that if it wasnt of that merge would be propably lost

11 minutes ago, Rentaro1989 said:

I would actually say that Warcraft will make good money in CHina and not jsut save the day.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-06/-warcraft-will-be-bigger-than-star-wars-in-china-here-s-why

I mean if Legendary-Wanda keep a 55-57% as article indicates this is a huge thing.thats a 25% that if it wasnt of that merge would be propably lost

Crazy! Thomas Tull is a smart man merging with Wanda.

XMA on pace for low 40s, a decent 15%~ drop considering WC MN happening. 

WC MN PS crawling at less than 1m per hour.  It may fall short of FF7s record

PS for OD at 74.5m and increasing at 2m per hour. That pace should pick up this evening and get close to 100m. It may be frontloaded like a local YA with a 2- 2.2 multi for a low 200s opening or have a typical 2.75 like CA3.  XMA like TJB was low in PS and had great WOM walk up business for a high 3s PS multi. They are outliers. 

More importantly is how day 2 performs. Tomorrow and Thursday will play like a Friday Saturday due to the holiday. If WC isn't gamer frontloaded then it should have a 30% bump on Thurs like CA3 and XMA. Less than 20% like BvS or flat will not be a good indication for legs.

Could be 200m -300m OD. I'm thinking lower end.  PS for Thursday are looking decent but still can't tell if it will have a bump just yet.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Guys, don't forget to say how much a movie is doing in dollars :sadben: 

Could you tell that to the guys in the Japan thread??? i have given up on that thread with all their japanese words, numbers ect

This is baby stuff compared to 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StephenN18 said:

Any kind of idea on what X Men can do on Wednesday? If it does about $6 million on Tuesday any kind of idea what it could be on Wednesday?

Presales are very low. So i see a big drop. Hard to say how big just yet

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The yuan is always fluctuating, 200-300M would be 30-45M

35-40 mill $ is my guess. Not including midnights which wont beat FF7

Are pre-sales important in China, I thought they were low for X Men until the movie came out and did better than expected numbers? I can't see it dropping massively, I'm thinking about 50% to $3 million. Do you think that's possible?

2 minutes ago, StephenN18 said:

Are pre-sales important in China, I thought they were low for X Men until the movie came out and did better than expected numbers? I can't see it dropping massively, I'm thinking about 50% to $3 million. Do you think that's possible?

Presales are always just an indication..

You dont think a 50% drop is massive :huh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Presales are always just an indication..

You dont think a 50% drop is massive :huh:

I've seen much worse drops, I'm hoping it's not that bad, but just thinking it will do $3 million minimum. I based it on what everyone is saying about Warcraft dominating all the screens.