A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Next few weeks looks problem-free:

Sep 14: Woman in Black dated Sep. 20th

Sep 20: Resident Evil: Retribution not dated yet

Sep 28: Looper canceled

I don't see why TDKR or TASM or Prometheus couldn't have opened in any of these three weeks, though. It would have made much more sense.

Why ? Apparantly the gov. want to reduce their total gross as much as possible.

The 8 days long national holiday is coming on the last day of September and that period will be packed by couples of local movies. So no main foreign movies will be released before that.

In total, at most only 34 revenue shared foreign movies are allowed to be released in China every year.And this year so far, 23 has been used:SH2, MI4, Happy Feet 2, War horse, John Carter, Battleship, TA, MIB3, THG, This means war, TDKR, TE2; Journey 2, WOTT, HUGO, The Pirates! Band of Misfits, Mad 3, Brave, Lorax, IA4, TASM, Promtheus.Only 11 quote left (and it could not be fully used).

Why ? Apparantly the gov. want to reduce their total gross as much as possible.The 8 days long national holiday is coming on the last day of September and that period will be packed by couples of local movies. So no main foreign movies will be released before that.

Do entgroup not update their schedule often? I got those dates from them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hasn't it made enough money?

Never

Posted Image

Seriously though, I was just wondering what they thought the total was gonna end up at. There's no more significant milestones to hit, I'm just gauging where the WW total will be.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1