A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I'm scared shitless because I'm not sure if this is enough to cross $200m OW or not. IW is operating under FF, is that correct? How is it possible to operate under FF and still cross $200m?

Mmm more depends for tomorrow 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I'm scared shitless because I'm not sure if this is enough to cross $200m OW or not. IW is operating under FF, is that correct? How is it possible to operate under FF and still cross $200m?

Exchange rate is so much better now.

Scott Mendelson is now catching up to China box office numbers. He now has a reasonable OW estimate.

With $17 million overseas and a new $771.9m foreign cume, it should have around $789m overseas heading into the weekend (17th-place among all overseas earners). With a new $1.251 billion global cume, it'll enter the third frame with around $1.275 billion worldwide, or past Fate of the Furious ($1.236b) and Beauty and the Beast ($1.263b) and under Frozen ($1.276b in 2013) for 12th-place on the all-time global grossers chart. So yes, it if goes bonkers in China ($150m-$200m on opening weekend) and stays the course in North America and overseas, it will end the weekend past the $1.519b gross of The Avengers (sans inflation and exchange rates) if not the $1.6 billion mark.

Good job Mendelson. Now, IW should really gross $200M OW just so that Grace Randolph would eat her words.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

So it lost in the od too after midnights. Whatever all those people offended by just pointing facts should relax (now I was called a...dc fan), it’s not my fault that we had all this crazy “analysis” in the presales thread where everybody made it seem that this would crush f8 . 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

FF8 1352m OW/$195m  in 2017

Todays XR        $213M

Plus expected larger Saturday bump

• Astonished 1

44 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

It is possible we have another 2 Hollywood movie this year over 300M! 

IW and Jurassic world 

There are only 3 Hollywood films over $300m until now:

F8: 2.670b ($421m with today ER)

F7: 2.427b ($382m with today ER)

TF4: 1.977b ($312m with today ER)

It would be great to get 2 more in barely 1 month. IW is done and JW2 should get it. JW had very good WOM.