A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

No idea where to ask this so I guess I'm just gonna do it here since this thread gets the most traffick. Do we not have an Italy thread? Is that market considered too insignificant to have a thread for?

I haven't seen one, problem is not the size of the market, but a person ready to devote some time regulary to it

No idea where to ask this so I guess I'm just gonna do it here since this thread gets the most traffick. Do we not have an Italy thread? Is that market considered too insignificant to have a thread for?

No Itlay thread thus far.

We only have these markets:

The Bollywood Thread

Brazil Box Office

China Box Office Thread (Mainland - HongKong, Taiwan)

Danish Boxoffice

France Thread

Germany Box Office (+Austria and german Switzerland)

Hong Kong Box Office

Japanese Box Office

Japanese Box Office (Feb. 2012 - May 2012; CLOSED)

Mexico Box Office

The Philippines Box Office Thread

Poland Box Office

Romania Box Office

Russia Box Office

South Korea Thread

Taquilla: Spain Box Office

UK Box Office Thread

Good?

not that good.

Taken 2 comes out on the 7th, on the last day of the holiday. Not actually a Hollywood movie, but nobody really makes that distinction and there's probably a fair overlap between its audience and Looper's.

That's a lot of violence I missed. I feel like I would have absolutely loved it if I had seen the US version. As it is I did love it just seeing the Chinese version, but how much more could I have enjoyed it??!?!

It's not just violence. The international version also has more in the strip club (including nudity), a scene with Gordon-Levitt in bed with two women, and more about his drug habit (which is reduced to a single allusion in the Chinese version). The movie is an R in the U.S. so it's not surprising it got cut in China.

On an anecdotal note, the theater where I saw it was about 1/5 full at 2:30 PM on a Saturday, and there was no line for tickets. Granted, a lot of people are traveling today, but still...

Edited by Bob Violence

WOM kicking in...... :PWhen is the next major Hollywood movie releasing? Lack of competition may help it.

Taken 2 Otc 7, not far away.It is nothing about wom. Yesterday lots of theaters didnt even get Looper's copy. It was dated only 3 days before release (Sep 25 night dated, Sep 28 release) that just 1,000 or so got it showed on Friday with rest 1,500+ theaters no shows at all. Saturday everything back to normal.PS. just booked my Looper ticket, tomorrow afternoon. :)
  • Like 1