A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

lol... it is one thing one person twisting the facts and over-optimistically projecting but completely another thing that all major sites are publishing it without even checking it. They should be hiring people from this forum because they evidently know more than these supposed 'trade experts'.

This is sig worthy.
  • Like 1

It's like publications are so desperate to put "record" in their title, that they lose all professional tact. What a freakin embarassment for Nikki and for Ray at mojo.

• Like 1

I just sent a tweet to David Polland, Ray at Mojo, Nikki and Variety and I asked them how Nikki can be so mistaken and yet every other publication follows her lead?

Here's the tweets in case anyone is interested:22m Dan Grant ‏@baumer72 @DavidPoland @boxofficemojo @Variety_JLD @NikkiFinke Looper will be lucky to make 25 mill total in China. Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 23m Dan Grant ‏@baumer72 @DavidPoland @boxofficemojo @Variety_JLD @NikkiFinke This record talk is so unprofessional. One source says and every1 runs with it. Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 25m Dan Grant ‏@baumer72 @DavidPoland @boxofficemojo @Variety_JLD @NikkiFinke Not sure where Nikki is getting 25 mill 4 Looper in China, it opened to 4.3M 27.2 YUAN

No offense, baumer -- I appreciate what you're trying to do -- but maybe you should try to do something about the front page of this very site?

I don't have any say what goes on here. I have no more influence that you guys do.

I doubt it. Sony and Film District (the U.S. distributors) wouldn't be trumpeting the bogus Chinese numbers, since they have nothing to do with it in China. Why brag about a foreign distributor making more money off of a movie than you did? Maybe DMG, but then DMG almost certainly has the actual Chinese figures, and I can't imagine why they'd shoot themselves in the foot by raising expectations to such unrealistic levels. And if you don't believe that entertainment journalists would blindly take their cues from Finke, even UK newspapers are citing her.

Edited by Bob Violence

Here's the tweets in case anyone is interested:22m Dan Grant ‏@baumer72 @DavidPoland @boxofficemojo @Variety_JLD @NikkiFinke Looper will be lucky to make 25 mill total in China. Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 23m Dan Grant ‏@baumer72 @DavidPoland @boxofficemojo @Variety_JLD @NikkiFinke This record talk is so unprofessional. One source says and every1 runs with it. Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite 25m Dan Grant ‏@baumer72 @DavidPoland @boxofficemojo @Variety_JLD @NikkiFinke Not sure where Nikki is getting 25 mill 4 Looper in China, it opened to 4.3M 27.2 YUAN

This is now officially a fiasco.Good thing it happened to a small film like Looper. If it had happened with say, Avengers or TDKR.......
  • Like 1