A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

18 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Looks like 420M yuan will happen, could hit 425M today. POTUS was right about Friday and where presales stand for Saturday, I don't see how 600M isn't in play!!!!!!!!!:ohmygod:

Looks like more than 425😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I'm not sure what's going with Maoyan but it's popping big time for EG. 11M in 21 mins, which would nearly double the previous 30 mins!!!!!!!!!

Its correcting it self. Thats also why it “frezzeses” sometimes

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

I wanted to confirm something -

Whenever You guys quote earning from Maoyan, do you guys include the service fees or just take it as whole?

The service fees is not earned by Theatres or cineplex, but by the online portal where you booked ticket, so it should not be included technically.

I have seen many people directly quoting that number from Maoyan. This problem only arise in China BO because it is only one which comprehensively take live counts and has live tracking.

Sorry, It had been bugging me, as I kept seeing people quoting those numbers in reddit and when I tried correcting them -  they pointed to you guys. 

Am I wrong? The service fees should be included? Also, its my first post. Oh well.

Currently End game is at 385m today if you dont include service fees. So, which is correct 385 or 405?

box office without service fees is real box office, however since 2017, official numbers has been reported (by Chinese authorities, outlets, and HLW studios) with service fees. So it is correct to quote numbers with service fees from Maoyan. This is supposedly a way to make the numbers look nicer. To make it easier to understand,  It simply lows studios share of the box office from exactly 25% to about 23%.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, firedeep said:

box office without service fees is real box office, however since 2017, official numbers has been reported (by Chinese authorities, outlets, and HLW studios) with service fees. So it is correct to quote numbers with service fees from Maoyan. This is supposedly a way to make the numbers look nicer. To make it easier to understand,  It simply lows studios share of the box office from exactly 25% to about 23%.

Thank you for clarification. I knew, service fees is not taken into account in my country. So, China does. Thanks a lot, this makes sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, lower PSm than OD would be inconceivable for day 4.

If there's anything we know about Endgame, it likes to break records! 

PSm Day 4 < PSm Day 1 is happening!!!

• Haha 2