A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

that dom can happen though depending from the six day opening

11 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't see what's so impossible about it

EG increase over IW dom is 24% by now (could reach 25% if reaches 850M)

A similar 25% bump from HC dom would put FFH at 417M. It would need a 33-34% increase to reach those 445M dom. And don't forget TLK is around the corner.

1 minute ago, meriodejaneiro said:

A similar 25% bump from HC dom would put FFH at 417M. It would need a 33-34% increase to reach those 445M dom. And don't forget TLK is around the corner.

like i said, if the six day opening is 225 for example then 450 dom probably is happening

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

like i said, if the six day opening is 225 for example then 450 dom probably is happening

it took 13 days for HC to reach 225M. If FFH manages those 225 in only 6 days, it's a clear sign of front loading opening. 

Sony started projecting a 154M 6-day, then put it down to 125M (conservative move). Other sources (in Deadline) say 140M+ is very possible, leaving it on the 150-170M range as the most probable 6-day opening. That's 55M below those 225M you say. 

45 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Why are you assuming that FFH will bump the same way from the previous installment as the biggest movie of all-time? 

Others MCU solo sequels did far more insane percentage jump than that. Ragnarok did 45%, Civil War (that's a cheat) jumped 88%. 

4 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Why are you assuming that FFH will bump the same way from the previous installment as the biggest movie of all-time? 

Others MCU solo sequels did far more insane percentage jump than that. Ragnarok did 45%, Civil War (that's a cheat) jumped 88%. 

I was referring to movies that had big dom grosses. Ragnarok jumped that much from Thor2, which is one of the less beloved MCU movies and more criticized ones. And Civil War jumped 88% from what? Winter Soldier? Civil War was more an Avengers movie than a CA movie (but that's a different story). 

From movies doing big dom (300M+)

IW to EG: 24-25%

GOTG1 to GOTG2: 17%

IM2 to IM3: 31%

I'm saying that SpiderMan increasing from 334 to 445 dom sounds improbable, as well as thinking 6-day can be 225M when analyst are seeing a range from 140 to 170M, which is again a bump gap of 32%.

We'll see in exactly one week where those 6-day ow land.

(anyway, this is China bo forum, I shouldn't be writing this here, sorry)

9 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

it took 13 days for HC to reach 225M. If FFH manages those 225 in only 6 days, it's a clear sign of front loading opening. 

Sony started projecting a 154M 6-day, then put it down to 125M (conservative move). Other sources (in Deadline) say 140M+ is very possible, leaving it on the 150-170M range as the most probable 6-day opening. That's 55M below those 225M you say. 

6 day for HC was 155. It'll do a lot more than that. EG increase and holiday week will do wonders. WoM could be better than HC too. 

Awesome start in China.

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Seems like ¥90mn Monday. Let's see.

That was with the night extrapolated from Fri, right? I thought using Sunday for later hours might make more sense since it’s the other night before a weekday, went down to 80ish. Eventually we’ll have a nice stockpile of MCU first Monday’s to use as a reference instead.   

P.S. Let me know if you’d rather I not fiddle with projections like that.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2