A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

If not for the exchange rate, China Box Office is ahead of North America Box Office.

Per ComScore, as of 9 July

NA is at $4.8B while China is at $4.5B

Interesting is Mexico ($520M) ahead of Germany ($510M) &Italy ($290M) ahead of Spain ($270M)

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

11 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

If not for the exchange rate, China Box Office is ahead of North America Box Office.

Per ComScore, as of 9 July

NA is at $4.8B while China is at $4.5B

Interesting is Mexico ($520M) ahead of Germany ($510M) &Italy ($290M) ahead of Spain ($270M)

Finally 💪

31 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

3z5gkDM.png

What's with all these movies exploding in their 2nd weekend? I thought this was more of a front-loaded market.

Chinese WOM power at Chinese SNS.

Once you get that power. Literally no one can stop you until another film arrived with superior WOM.

Oh My School had previews earlier. Officially opened on July 14 along with MI7.

Not sure how Comscore got $4.5bn for China. Maoyan has China BO passing ¥30bn on 14 July. Using spot rate that should be $4.2bn, and the even the best FX rate in 2023 ($1USD:¥6.7) won't get the number pass $4.5bn. I prefer using average yearly FX rate so $1USD:¥6.95 should be the FX rate applied and that would put China BO as of July 14 at roughly $4.3bn or circa $500m behind NA.   

• Knock It Off 1

On 11/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, Issac Newton said:

Lost In The Stars is going with 12/16 (likely to back off). Avatar 2 going with either WED/THURS previews with Traditional FRI OD but interesting will be a WED OD with Lost In The Stars moving out of schedule. (If things goes well for JC - not complaining at all)

For Avatar 2, China Film Group is participating at Distribution Sector - along with Huaxia Film Distribution and Changchun.

Remembering when "Lost In The Stars" backing off was a way relief for "Avatar: The Way Of Water". I believe that James Cameron must be a God.

Avatar: The Way Of Water - ¥1,697.43M / 33,844,708 admits

Lost In The Stars - ¥3,400.00M / 81,617,310 admits.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Knock It Off 2

Maoyan is forecasting ¥92.165M &¥86.510M between "Super Family" and "Creation of the God I" for FRI. "Creation of the God I" is a THU Opener with expected ¥61.055M

This is gonna be an insane Weekend with Holdovers - "MI7", "NSN", "Local Animation" &"Lost In The Stars"

8 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Remembering when "Lost In The Stars" backing off was a way relief for "Avatar: The Way Of Water". I believe that James Cameron must be a God.

Avatar: The Way Of Water - ¥1,697.43M / 33,844,708 admits

Lost In The Stars - ¥3,400.00M / 81,617,310 admits.

No Cope. Avatar woulda had 60mil admits if they opened up in September, instead of December. :sparta:

Avatar will still be most popular HLW series in China in future(Avengers take the 2nd place).But won’t have any record or any “Wow that’s insane” performance.

Time has changed ,believe it or not,less than 3 HLW movies will able to cross $100m every year after 2023.

We really done with Hollywood.

Edited by Sophia Jane