A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

20M seems fine for a 2D non sequel

It is.. But somebody here got this pumped up to be the next Transformers in China..It wont be.. I wont name names..On another note: Where is SentryTrans these days ;)

From Darling Nikki:

UPDATE: Titanic 3D gross now stands at $190M for all international territories through Wednesday. China’s is just over $85M. Pic should cross $200M for foreign on Friday and $100M in China alone on Saturday.

A funny story with this is that I left a comment on her site about Titanic grossing 67 mill for the opening, informing her that it was actually 74 mill. She didn't approve the comment and didn't publish it. I posted another comment telling her that I was right and that she should check her sources, the 74 mill number is out there. An hour later my comment was up. I guess she checked her sources...lol.

Oh weren't people predicting like 100m for it in China or something? I was hoping for more too. I guess Titanic took away all the audience.

Battleship is far less popular than Transformers. Even it wasnt for Titanic, there's no way it could break $100m. Like I said, it totally looked like a bigger Battle Los Angeles, and it will do solid business, but nothing spectacular.