A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

How much people are in China Katch? Also India.. Has China reached 2billion people yet?

Just amazing what feat that is..Wow!

From my memory, around 1.4bil for China and 1.26bil for India. I hope one day india would become another big market for Hollywood movie too but it has a long way to go. :P

Seems like alot of people did... Its going to come pretty close if noot surpass Transformers 3 WW.. And will come about 30-40M short of the domestic tally of TR3 ;). Not Bad Optimus .. Not bad at all :)

Passing a billion is good enough for me at this point. :lol:

From my memory, around 1.4bil for China and 1.26bil for India. I hope one day india would become another big market for Hollywood movie too but it has a long way to go. :P

Katch 22, you said you born in Asia and move to Australia before.  Which part of Asia ? :)

Edited by A K A

Amen Katch buddy.... Shuts up the naysayers we did.... Lets them rot on a billion bucks lol... Heh heh

Transformers becomes one of the few franchises where 2 films in its history has made 1billion+.  The 5th will as well :D MWHAHAH

Which one do you prefer?  Australia or Thailand?  I meant in term of food... :)

Food?? OMG Thai foods by FAR. Aussie foods lack flavour and spice. I love a lot of things in Australia but food isn't one of them. :lol:

You know another thing I don't like living in Aus? Movie experience. Back then when I lived in Thailand seeing movies in theatre was like an event. I remember queing up with a big group of friends to buy a ticket in a multiplex full of enthusiastic people. I remember when NOT seeing some certain big movies could make you 'uncool'. Here in the city where I live people are so laid back when it comes to seeing movies in theatre. I want to see TA on the opening day and there're 20 people in my theatre, same for IM3 and those were the biggest movies in the past 3 years. I got friends asking me often why did I go to the cinema when I could've wait a few months and download any movies I want for free. The only time I could watch a movie in a full theatre was on the boxing day so it's pretty much once a year.

Food?? OMG Thai foods by FAR. Aussie foods lack flavour and spice. I love a lot of things in Australia but food isn't one of them. :lol:

You know another thing I don't like living in Aus? Movie experience. Back then when I lived in Thailand seeing movies in theatre was like an event. I remember queing up with a big group of friends to buy a ticket in a multiplex full of enthusiastic people. I remember when NOT seeing some certain big movies could make you 'uncool'. Here in the city where I live people are so laid back when it comes to seeing movies in theatre. I want to see TA on the opening day and there're 20 people in my theatre, same for IM3 and those were the biggest movies in the past 3 years. I got friends asking me often why did I go to the cinema when I could've wait a few months and download any movies I want for free. The only time I could watch a movie in a full theatre was on the boxing day so it's pretty much once a year.

Man remind me to hide from your cooking catch.. If you like to cook with dem hot peppers my friend.... AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Hey guys... Am  I right to think that the Juggernaut 2016 will do  450-500+M in china if Transformers can do 300+M :)

Well, it's possible. But it also took 4 years for Avatar's record to be broken so it might take longer than 2 years to see the first movie to reach $400mil.

Amen Katch buddy.... Shuts up the naysayers we did.... Lets them rot on a billion bucks lol... Heh heh

Transformers becomes one of the few franchises where 2 films in its history has made 1billion+.  The 5th will as well :D MWHAHAH

Not yet Kal, not yet. TF4 still has another $200mil+ to go.

Man remind me to hide from your cooking catch.. If you like to cook with dem hot peppers my friend.... AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

You're lucky then because I don't cook AT ALL. :lol:

Though I do have a bad habit of adding hot chilli into everything but desserts.

• Like 1

Didnt TRF3 make 352M... Transformers 4 should make 260-270+M.. So not quite

Looks like TF4 will land around 250 mill. Beating Cap2 is 99,99999% out of the question
  • Like 1

Good analysis. With the perspective of where people only watch 1 movie in a year in theaters it would make sense for them to watch something that they enjoy regardless of the story.I watch at least 20 movies in theater per year (and a lot more at home), so I would naturally be picky with my likes and dislikes. For example, I thought 22 Jump Street was crap but it still made over $160 million in USA. I watched TF4 in IMAX 3D for $20 a ticket with a family of 4, so I contributed $80 at the box office.

It reminds me of the tongue in cheek quote I read some time ago that British people only went to the cinema to see harry potter and james bond.I can understand the appeal of tf4 to many people, it's the brainless popcorn movie in it's most brilliant form, not to mention tucci's performance must be worth half the ticket price.There are plenty of people who arent interested in TF in china though, especially amongst the female audience.

Seems like alot of people did... Its going to come pretty close if noot surpass Transformers 3 WW.. And will come about 30-40M short of the domestic tally of TR3 ;). Not Bad Optimus .. Not bad at all :)

Well, it'll finish with about 100 million less domestically.  But it has a chance, a small one, but a chance to pass T3 WW.

• Like 1

Off topic but, last night I met an 8 year old Chinese kid named Justin.  He was this wonderfully precocious and friendly kid who came running up to me and asked me if he could pet my dog.  I said sure.  We got talking and he was born in Toronto (Brampton....where Russell Peters is from) but his parents have been here for 10 years.  Justin learned to speak English first and then at the age of 6, he learned how to speak Cantonese.....at the age of fucking 6!!  It took him about 18 months and he is now fluent in it.  He can't read it yet but he can speak it fluently.  That's just freakin incredible.

Back to box office.

• Like 3