A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Very nice for the apes :). Really a good movie.

Out of curiosity: does the rating (I mean if a film gets a 8/10 for example) have a big impact or only a little impact or none at all? Because from time to time, I look at douban.com and there most movies are rated pretty harsh, often with a 4/10 like The White Haired Witch movie which is - despite the rating - doing fine, no?

The white haired witch collapsed after ow!It grossed 35mill but failed to.reach 100mill dollarsBad word of mouth

Ah ok, thank you!

I only saw it doing around 62M with a 3.9/10 and just wondered. But with this first weekend this is not as good as I thought.

EX3 opens on Monday, It will take Dragon's IMAX screens.

Presales is underwhelming for EX3, maybe piracy is hurting it.

As for Dragon2, it should end up  around 400M yuan or less, depending on how many screens it can maintain after this weekend.

• Like 2

Could somebody please translate these three numbers if you look at gewara and then a certain film? There are three numbers which were translated into german like: people who want to see the film - hours(?) - tickets. Is the tickets number the presale number? Thanks!

Edited by el sid

Could somebody please translate these three numbers if you look at gewara and then a certain film? There are three numbers which were translated into german like: people who want to see the film - hours(?) - tickets. Is the tickets number the presale number? Thanks!

购票-tickets=presales

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

As for Dragon2, it should end up around 400M yuan or less, depending on how many screens it can maintain after this weekend.

From what I've calculated, that would mean it's only going to make another $5M over the rest of its run. I know that in China, films can drop off quite quickly, but are you sure about that?$64-65M is still a very good total, though. Edited by TServo2049

From what I've calculated, that would mean it's only going to make another $5M over the rest of its run. I know that in China, films can drop off quite quickly, but are you sure about that?$64-65M is still a very good total, though.

Yeah, it may finish its run around The Croods..