A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

China will keep growing as long as they keep adding screens. Plus as Olive said currently only cities/towns have access to movies. Once they go into heartland of China BO will grow though that will help local movies(thankfully) than destruction Pron from hollywood.

Half of chinas population, where the theater are few, either subsist or make $1-2 per hour. They are not going to buy a $6-7 movie ticket. 1 hour of mimimum wage buys a ticket in DOM and has for 100 years. In india they have theaters that charge less than $1 in villages making it affordable for many of the working class to go once in a while and have more admission than china but half the revenue with far less than half the GDP.

If china offers low priced theaters in rural places and play local movies then the admissions will soar but not dollars.

I believe admission will surpass DOM by 2020 but not revenue.

Not to mention the global economy has taken a hit in 81, 87, 92, 01, 08 and now its due for another and china's growth will stagger with it. Its been resilient for 20 years but now its huge and more reliant than ever on global conditions.

Your sunday drop is not happening. Movies dont drop that much in China. May be 15-20%. But Monday drop could be worse.

Anyway saturday seem to be around 122.75. Current realtime ticket numbers including for future shows later today is 106.5m yuan with update at 1250PM. Growth since morning has been slow. But next 6-7 hours are the key.

If the spidey Friday pop applies, then the spidey sunday drop also applies. I don't make this shit up. I just go by historical precedent.

Its obvious that nights before a weekday are weaker than normal.

Edited by M F Lawrence

We don't know but I'm sure MF Lawrence knows down to the highly disappointing penny. :lol:

You again. Yup, Its doubtful it'll be over 250

Regarding DOM its 31m ahead of IM3 but a 55% drop is coming(MM is picking up steam) and it will start to lose ground and will beat it by just 20m~. You're right, weekdays are much stronger but 80% of the BO is on weekends and it will lose 1M of its lead by this sunday,

I am surprised by Olive's post. But he does know China BO well. cbooo is just reporting 163m at 750PM update. But http://piaofang.maoyan.com/ is reporting 181m. But either way 212m seem far as numbers dont increase that much beyond 8PM as this will include few late show presales and AOU has not played very well late night based on actuals always dropping a bit from estimates.

Real time data on both sites are fucked up.

So on what result we can today count ?

gewara results also go crazy again later drops suddenly grows

Edited by abra