A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Like a walk in the park if that date holds ...

Do you think there's a big possibility they'll change the date? It's already official on posters and all.50M would be really great for Cap.

Even though Frozen's run is extended for 2 weeks, but too many releases this weekend, it can hardly keep any screens..

Can't see it reach reach 300M yuan now sadly.

Early Friday showtimes

Robocop 22.4%

Hobbit 2  13.3%

Free Birds 9.7%

Frozen <2%

others are local movies

• Like 1

It looks like I won't have to eat any hat :P

Dodged a bullet there :P. Your hats are safe now. But yeah it was close, and still much bigger then you said it would be.

Alright hat eater what's ur final number for Japan again.I say 110m. Lets see who is closer % wise.

pretty sure its going to be between your two estimates so for me the safest bet would then be $90M ;)

btw, are there any estimates for Frozens final gross in China? (to keep this at least somewhat on topic :P )

pretty sure its going to be between your two estimates so for me the safest bet would then be $90M ;) btw, are there any estimates for Frozens final gross in China? (to keep this at least somewhat on topic :P )

Its fading fast. May do 47-48m unless there is a sing along.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman and, uh, Monuments Men are now set for the 28th. I also just noticed that Donnie Yen's Iceman (another long-delayed big-budget SFX extravaganza) has been pushed back from April 4th to sometime in May—presumably around the May 1st holiday—and the other local films opening around Qingming look pretty underwhelming. Maybe that's why TWS was able to get such a good date?

Edited by Bob Violence

Mr. Peabody and Sherman and, uh, Monuments Men are now set for the 28th. I also just noticed that Donnie Yen's Iceman (another long-delayed big-budget SFX extravaganza) has been pushed back from April 4th to sometime in May—presumably around the May 1st holiday—and the other local films opening around Qingming look pretty underwhelming. Maybe that's why TWS was able to get such a good date?

Thats GREAT news for Cap :)