A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

That good or bad?

I need to let you know that sometimes even a film's presales is not very good, it doesn't mean it will not do well!  Take Edge of Tomorrow as an example, If I am correct, I remembered Olive did mention about Edge of Tomorrow's presales was not very good, but it ended up with around $65M! 

Edited by SUPER GIRL
  • Like 1

It's at a 7.0, is that an accurate gauge of audience reception? Seems kind of low.

It is just a temporary number before the movie gets enough audience reviews, which doesen't represent anything.

The film's rating is increased to 8.4 this morning as some audiences who watched the film at midnight started to rate the film. 

http://www.gewara.com/movie/192140384

Edited by SUPER GIRL

GOTG will be released on October 10th on 3D/IMAX 3D, a really bad date.

The Saturday will be a make-up workday for Golden week holiday.

Any word on whether the release date move was Disney or China's choice?

If Disney, did they think there was less competition or was it a matter of seeing how GOTG was under performing TDW and CATWS in Asia and deciding another month might build up word of mouth for a bigger opening?

Any word on whether the release date move was Disney or China's choice?

If Disney, did they think there was less competition or was it a matter of seeing how GOTG was under performing TDW and CATWS in Asia and deciding another month might build up word of mouth for a bigger opening?

SARFT decides all release dates.

SARFT is a fucking bitch.

• Like 1

It seems that apes has high possibility to reach $50m at the opening weekend.

whether it will reach $50m at the opening weekend, I don't know :P  but based on ticket sales at Wanda Cinema(China's largest chain), it is on course to have a big opening day, $10M+.