A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

setting urself for a disappointment

935-940 WW total imo

Too low and underestimated. BOFA's existing markets should get it to 845mln. Worst case scenario would be 845+116=960m. 961mln WW minimum Edited by Calypsus

Too low and underestimated. BOFA's existing markets should get it to 845mln. Worst case scenario would be 845+115=960m. 960mln WW minimum

That can not be minimum. In fact, is the maximum unless it surprises in China. From current markets, excluding China, it can make another $30m what would imply $836m. Adding $100-$115 from China you can have $936-$951. That is the most probable range of ending.

• Like 1

Too low and underestimated. BOFA's existing markets should get it to 845mln. Worst case scenario would be 845+116=960m. 961mln WW minimum

edit: the lovely peludo posted everything that I meant to  :)

950 wont be such a bad figure considering the exchange rate BS

If presales overall much better for BotFA than Apes, then perhaps the gross will be better spread over the weekend than Apes.

that's what I've been thinking about

Will be interesting to see the multi for the whole weekend to see if there was the rush on midnights/OD

Edited by Lady of Lorien
  • Like 1

Apes was 91.7M right?

btw thanks for all your updates in general

reading this thread is quite interesting & educational hippie.gif

btw yesterday got around to watching Tiny Times 1 out of curiosity. Seeing 2 guys at the start of the movie singing "Moscow nights" onstage @ school concert was hilarious  :lol: The stage totally reminded me of my own good ol' school times!

+ Lots of great shots of Shanghai.

Edited by Lady of Lorien

thats what I see for now

#TheHobbit #China opening day box office has already reached ¥1.1 billion CNY as of 8:35p Beijing Time. Prediction: 1.37 billion CNY.

What does that mean? What's the difference between the ¥1.1 billion and the million figures we hear?

Edited by MonstersandRoy