A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

No one talking about HOME, what a missed opportunity.  It did well in the US, Dreamworks lazily anointed a local title that apes THE CROODS and it has insanely popular (in China) actor Jim Parsons voicing it.  It is going to do less than BIG HERO 6's first week total?

Yeah, I don't get why Home underperformered, since there were no family movies in the market since BH6.

I thought it would do $40M...Maybe it's just the movie so un-appealing.

FF7 might still be #1 on Monday and be pulled out of theaters on Tuesday..

The spate of local films that came out in late April so underwhelmed.  I think the bureau helped FF7 by their desire to protect those titles from AAoU.

Yeah, I don't get why Home underperformered, since there were no family movies in the market since BH6.

I thought it would do $40M...Maybe it's just the movie so un-appealing.

Did not cross over to non-family at all.  Crowds released the same frame and did extremely well, then again Croods had no Ff7 to contend with back then either.

AoU won't be affected by the government right?

Bears watching...already the government threw in Chappie last second and then tomorrowland and san andreas within the month of its release, whilst FF7 only had to contend with Home and the youth romance dramas the bureau was pinning its hopes on to carry the torch for local flicks.

SW EP7 will be released early next year I think, won't be surprised it goes head to head with another Hollywood movie if local movies performs bad next half of 2015. We can totally expect EP7 and SPECTRE/THG3.2 opening on same weekend...

Talking about buzz, even CA3 cast announcement had more buzz than SW teasers, BVS teaser also had super strong reaction.

I see CA3/BVS beat SW easily here.

AoU won't be affected by the government right?

I think so, because there's no movie big enough to bite AOU in its following 2 weeks.

Only several small scale local movies that nobody gives a shit.

You are the one who keep arguing with firedeep.  If you don't like anything about China, you should stay at India Box Office instead.  We sincerely wish India's economy will do well and India's Box Office will overtake DOM in one day.

Who said I didn't like anything about china? Im rooting for FF7 to get to 400m and thought a holiday boost could get it there. FD said it was going to 360, my argument was closer to right than his, so whats your point there. Not argue with someone that initiated the debate and was wrong?

Im just going by the numbers regarding growth and too many things are obvious to me that it wont blow through 10b. Forums are for different view points on a topic, not patting each other on the back about one outcome. Mine are by the numbers, not conjecture.

BTW. the stalking bit is creepy, getting old and has nothing to do with Chinese BO.  Go to a gay singles sex chat room please.

Presales are at 186K now. I think it has legitimate shot at beating FF7 presales.

keep in mind that FF7 last two days of presaling were Friday and Saturday, thus we saw huge bumps.

But TA2's will be SUNDAY and Monday, increase won't be as big.

Gewara Showdown: Furious 7 vs. Age of Ultron

2015-04-07 18:40 -  81,588 05-07 13:20 106,817
2015-04-08 07:25 -101,494 05-08 10:50 128,551
2015-04-09 00:58 -141,564 05-08 23:00 170,455
2015-04-09 17:31 -167,068 05-09 14:00 201,098
2015-04-10 00:45 -193,250 
2015-04-10 19:37 - 286,403
2015-04-10 23:22 - 319,921
2015-04-11 23:36 - 472,900 

• Like 3

keep in mind that FF7 last two days of presaling were Friday and Saturday, thus we saw huge bumps.

But TA2's will be SUNDAY and Monday, increase won't be as big.

Okay. Still. Presale has allready passed TF4.

And if i could get the total gross that TF4 got i would be more than happy

• Like 1

Gewara tracks way more theaters now and there are way more discount tickets than a year ago.

Okey. But there are also more screen's to play in so i hope that evens it out...