A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

39 minutes ago, Lihongkim said:

Warcraft broke biggest 2 days (600M) and 3 days (800M). 

Mermaid made 1019.98M in 4 days, the fastest movie to reach 1B.  Can WC break this record? 

It's 815M, so it needs to do >205M on Sat to break it. 

I think it will make less than 150M on Saturday

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

WAT

I am taking in dollars. 

Yes, he means $300M USD is not going to happen at this point and $250M USD isn't even a given because of the extreme front loading

4 minutes ago, Olive said:

I think it will make less than 150M on Saturday

This is 150M RMB.

Just now, CJohn said:

WAT

I am taking in dollars. 

Me too. A somewhat realistic sat drop (if optimistic) would be 35% which would lead to ¥140m. Assuming that Sunday acts like a Monday, then it'll likely drop by more than 50%, possibly more than 60% even (depending on whether all schools are already out in China) which means anywhere between ¥55m to ¥70m for a 5 day OW of about ¥1b. A 1.5 multi from that (which is actually optimistic) would lead to ¥1.5B ($225m). I think it'll finish closer to the high end of my ¥1.2b to ¥1.4b prediction ($180m to $210m) which is still a very good result for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

Me too. A somewhat realistic sat drop (if optimistic) would be 35% which would lead to ¥140m. Assuming that Sunday acts like a Monday, then it'll likely drop by more than 50%, possibly more than 60% even (depending on whether all schools are already out in China) which means anywhere between ¥55m to ¥70m for a 5 day OW of about ¥1b. A 1.5 multi from that (which is actually optimistic) would lead to ¥1.5B ($225m). I think it'll finish closer to the high end of my ¥1.2b to ¥1.4b prediction ($180m to $210m) which is still a very good result for it.

Perhaps not a bad result but certainly anticlimatic.:sadben:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agafin said:

So even going 100m Yuan higher than your 1.4B high-end and using 1.5B (228.6m USD), ZOOTOPIA (236m USD) seems safe.

EDIT: Nevermind. I misread your post.

Edited by a2knet