A Marvel Fanboy

Life Of Pi OS Thread

Life of Pi added another $33 .2 million from 9 ,347screens in 67 markets, pushing its overseas cumeto a staggering $ 357 .4 million . The global cumestands at $452 . 2 million .Key stats from Fox :Fresh off an over $ 20m opening week , Russia landsanother $ 4. 4m from 1 ,575 screens, with Australiatethered just behind, with $ 4 m from 552 screens -the film is # 1 in both markets. Great holds markthe weekend, with UK ( $ 3. 8m from 673 ) down only31% , Germany ($ 3. 1m from 796 ) down only 38% ,South Korea ( $2 .8 m from 312 ) down only 19% ,Mexico ($ 1 .8 m from 854 ) down only 5 % !, andBrazil ($ 1 m from 278 ) down only 28% . Excellentopenings in Philippines ( $886 K from 113 and # 1)and Argentina ( $803 k from 131 and battling for#1 ) . Also noteworthy is Taiwan , where box officeis UP 5% in its 8th week of release and LIFE OF PIcrosses $ 16m GBO in the market ! More good newsin the by- market detail below. Japan andVenezuela open the film on January 25.

So around 55.4m for whole week. 10m of that came from Russia.We can assume another 7-8m from Russia and 35% weekly drops from elsewhere (though it can certainly hold better). That would mean another 90-93m for 450m finish from current markets!And Japan has yet to open.

So around 55.4m for whole week. 10m of that came from Russia.We can assume another 7-8m from Russia and 35% weekly drops from elsewhere (though it can certainly hold better). That would mean another 90-93m for 450m finish from current markets!And Japan has yet to open.

I still belive in 500 mill

Pity we have dont threads like "OS hits of the year", cause Pi will definitely be in that list. :)

It's having the OS run of the year. Better than TA or Skyfall. Nobody and I mean nobdy thought this was possible. It actually has a shot at 500M OS. :mouthdropped: :mouthdropped: :mouthdropped:

It's having the OS run of the year. Better than TA or Skyfall. Nobody and I mean nobdy thought this was possible. It actually has a shot at 500M OS. :mouthdropped: :mouthdropped: :mouthdropped:

500m OS will be crazy. I remember 200-250m being the high end of most of our predictions.