A Marvel Fanboy

Life Of Pi OS Thread

400M OS / 500M WW is locked at this point.450MOS is likely.

500M OS can happen, if it breaksout in Japan and considering it has been very strong in Asia so far, it could happen and people were comparing it Hugo. :lol: :lol: :lol: Unbelievable OS run so far. It's top 5 for the year. :bravo: :bravo:
  • Like 1

Japanese will definitely love this film. I'm expecting a great return, if not a huge breakout.

With the way Hollywood movies are flopping there, I'm not convinced it'll breakout. I'll be happy with 20M, anything more will be icing on a giant cake. It's DOM to OS ratio is in the Ice Age territory.

500M OS can happen, if it breaksout in Japan and considering it has been very strong in Asia so far, it could happen and people were comparing it Hugo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unbelievable OS run so far. It's top 5 for the year. :bravo: :bravo:

Despite the similarity between two directors (both were masterful directors know for their adult dramas) and the 3D thing, Pi looked nothing like Hugo ( and I said this since its first trailer). Pi looked 10 times prettier than Hugo. The trailers made it looked like an adventure which would give you breathtaking visuals consistently, which was why they marketed it as "the next Avatar". It was clearly a much easier sale than Hugo which looked just gloomy and boring from the trailers. Edited by vc2002

This is playing really well to an older crowd over here in Holland. Lots of fans of the book.Really good to see a non-sequel/prequel/remaining performing well. They did a great job with the trailers focussing on the 'epic' aspects of the film and ignoring the difficulties of the themes.