A Marvel Fanboy

Life Of Pi OS Thread

Plus its looking at 110M domestic. So it will need 490M OS to hit 600M WW. Definitely probable at this point.

Yeah, 600M WW definitely is doable, if it performs well in Japan. LOP truly has been the biggest surprise story OS easily over TA, Skyfall and Intouchables.

Yeah, 600M WW definitely is doable, if it performs well in Japan. LOP truly has been the biggest surprise story OS easily over TA, Skyfall and Intouchables.

I am not sure I will go that far. Ultimately it comes down to raw numbers. to me Avengers/Skyfall are slightly ahead and on par with each other(since skyfall is 2D it probably sold more tickets. Plus it was stronger in developed markets and so it provided better returns to studio. But Avengers increased significantly more from other Marvel flicks and so that gives it an edge there).Intouchables is a 2011 release which did out of the world business in europe. I will not compare with these flicks

I am not sure I will go that far. Ultimately it comes down to raw numbers. to me Avengers/Skyfall are slightly ahead and on par with each other(since skyfall is 2D it probably sold more tickets. Plus it was stronger in developed markets and so it provided better returns to studio. But Avengers increased significantly more from other Marvel flicks and so that gives it an edge there).

Intouchables is a 2011 release which did out of the world business in europe. I will not compare with these flicks

No, Just No!

I am not sure I will go that far. Ultimately it comes down to raw numbers. to me Avengers/Skyfall are slightly ahead and on par with each other(since skyfall is 2D it probably sold more tickets. Plus it was stronger in developed markets and so it provided better returns to studio. But Avengers increased significantly more from other Marvel flicks and so that gives it an edge there).

Intouchables is a 2011 release which did out of the world business in europe. I will not compare with these flicks

Highly unlikely since it made crazy money in Europe which tends to have higher prices compared to LA and Asia. TA made most of it's money in LA and Asia. I think it had more admissions in my mind.

TA 888M OS 3D

Skyfall 810M+ OS 2D

Clearly

Doesn't work like that as Skyfall had skyhigh prices of Europe where TA had pretty average gross. It made it's crazy money in Asia and LA where prices are nowhere near Europe. In mind TA sold more tickets. :)

Doesn't work like that as Skyfall had skyhigh prices of Europe where TA had pretty average gross. It made it's crazy money in Asia and LA where prices are nowhere near Europe. In mind TA sold more tickets. :)

TA and SF about the same in Asia. But Yes that TA much bigger in LA where price is the most cheap. so who knows ...

We're talking about biggest surprise hit. I'm sure Pi is.