57 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Matrix

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Fixed.

The entire plot of the film is so fundamentally flawed that it completely collapses in on itself.  Far more pretentious than any film in Sci-fi with the exception of its sequels.

Here we go again, anything that can be compared to a Nolan film is basically a pile of shit to you. Such a dedicated fanboy, ill give you that but damn you are very sad. You remind me of this...

Posted Image

Inception basically copied The Matrix lol. Lets see which is still talked about the most 10 years from now.

Edited by Jessie

Almost 4 years later and Inception is still being talked about as a mind-blowing film.

The Matrix isn't referred on any level except the bullet time sequence.

I'm simply stating my opinion, just like anyone else on this board.

Since you decided to bring up Inception, answer me this.

How is anything in that film even remotely as flawed on a fundamental/logical level as the Matrix' plot of "using humans for heat energy to keep the machines running for years" when their power source would most likely be depleted in a week, if that?

Fixed.

The entire plot of the film is so fundamentally flawed that it completely collapses in on itself.  Far more pretentious than any film in Sci-fi with the exception of its sequels.

:rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Almost 4 years later and Inception is still being talked about as a mind-blowing film.

The Matrix isn't referred on any level except the bullet time sequence.

I'm simply stating my opinion, just like anyone else on this board.

How is anything in that film even remotely as flawed on a fundamental/logical level as the Matrix' plot of "using humans for heat energy to keep the machines running for years" when their power source would most likely be depleted in a week, if that?

You are right, it is still talked about but in no way has it had an impact as big as The Matrix has. It's all well and good to state your opinion Squaremaster, but I cant help but find your opinions extremely biased and over exaggerated. Even Nolan would laugh at some of the shit you say.

Just let it go, Jessie.  Square says things, imo, to get a reaction out of us.  There is no way anyone on the planet can dislike all the films he claims to dislike unless he is simply doing it to get people like you and me to lose our shit and go after him.  Just let it go, it's not worth it.

• Like 1

Do explain please, I would love to hear how it is fundamentally flawed.

Because they are using humans for energy to keep the machines running ;). Squaremaster has a lot of knowledge with futuristic machines to know this is complete bullshit.

But going into other peoples dreams is fine :).

• Like 2

And if you have a problem with the plot piece in the Matrix where they use humans as batteries, that's like having a problem with Star Wars because you don't think there would be enough people to build the Deathstar.  You're missing the point of the film if you just concentrate on one rather small plot point.  

• Like 2

Because they are using humans for energy to keep the machines running ;). Squaremaster has a lot of knowledge with futuristic machines to know this is complete bullshit.

But going into other peoples dreams is fine :).

Not just into their dreams, but different levels of their dreams.  :)

• Like 1

Who cares?

• Like 2

The Matrix(if you pretend the sequels didn't happen) is 1 of the top 5 scifi movies of all time.

And lmfao @ Squaremaster pimping out Inception while shitting on The Matrix.  If Christopher Nolan put a camera in his toilet and pinched out a loaf on to the lens, this Nolan kid would be calling it a masterpiece of cinema.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1