#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

IF she's right on Twilight, I'd say it's a mix of fatigue (BD1's poor multiplier and opening under NM points to this as well) and people being turned off by how the gossip overtook this film. They tried to do damage control, but I think a lot of fans and even the general public might have felt saturated by all the sleeze and PR crap. Gigli affect.

• Like 1

IF she's right on Twilight, I'd say it's a mix of fatigue (BD1's poor multiplier and opening under NM points to this as well) and people being turned off by how the gossip overtook this film. They tried to do damage control, but I think a lot of fans and even the general public might have felt saturated by all the sleeze and PR crap. Gigli affect.

True, if they didn't think it would have an effect I doubt we would have seen Pattinson and Stewart out there hawking the wares. They knew if they didn't show a united front it could get bloody.A prediction: We will not see those two together ever again after this.
  • Like 2

How is the WOM on Skyfall?

I would think excellent, A Cinemascore, In the top 250(if only temporarily) on IMDb, over 90% on RT. That's why I have a hard time believing a worse drop than QOS in the face of a smaller OW than it faced.

it is supposed to be very good with the strong reviews and CInemascore. I guess if this drop is true, it shows in the US Bond is similar to Twilight in that it has only a certain range in tickets sold and it will never get higher

Quite possible. Skyfall just showed all the signs of the Star Trek of 2012.

Tell me, how do you choose a sports team you decide to support?

Either geographically or whoever you like when you're a kid (if you watch sports). I grew up in the SF Bay Area but ended up as a Dodgers fan because I liked 'em more when I was young (probably because the Giants sucked and the Dodgers were good back then).