#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

If the "Skyfall" numbers are true than that is a bad drop. I really can't explain that. It seems to have good WOM as one of the better Bond films. But I did talk to one friend of mine who thought the movie was way too serious and Daniel was missing some of that Bond humor. I told him this story was meant to be more dark. I thought "Skyfall" would be a great counter for men since all the girls were going to Twilight. Oh well.

It has nothing to WOM. If it wasn't as good, then we would have seen some effect upto Thursday. It just doesn't happen that a movie is holding fantastically and then suddenly has an abysmal Friday jump.
  • Like 2

In regards to the earlier comments about ticketed seating, I work at one of the top cinemas in attendance in australia and we introduced the ticketed system in 2002.We barely sell out in any cinemas until 1 day before (we sold out the biggest cinema for DH2, 3 ish days before), and usually if you buy tickets before 2-3 days to go you can get perfect seats.We don't have massive rushes for seats and people don't have to wait hours before their session (which I can remember we did for FotR and we still had terrible seats!This way if you really want good seats you can make sure you get them. There is nothing better then being certain you have good seats.

• Like 1

I just posted an article stating Hollywood is changing their midnight strategy due to the shooting. If you don't want to admit there is an effect then that's fine. but reality seems to be in disagreement with you.

I agree and I don't see it as an excuse to say the Shooting is still having an effect. It's clear them going to 10:00 pm is proof of this. But people have to understand also that this if the 5th Twilight movie in 4 years. Yet it still going to have a huge OW. Twilight's fanbase did prove a lot of "Haters" wrong. They come out and support their films. Sure they are very frontloaded but they make their money back and worldwide, I expect this to be the biggest one in the franchise. But It's clear the whole "Mid-night" thing is pretty much over. I expect other blockbusters to use the "10:00pm" now. I remember, "Transformers 1 and 3" did previews.