The Creator

3.7 "The Calm Before the Storm"

Starting this early because some of you won't be here this weekend. Also, no penalty for a no show. I will make your partner's score your own if you cannot show this weekend because it is Thanksgiving weekend.

Game 3.7

DEADLINE: Friday November 23, 2012 at 3:00 P.M. Eastern (2:00 P.M. Central)

Predict the following:

1. Rise of the Guardians' opening weekend gross

2. Red Dawn's opening weekend per theater average

3. Life of Pi's Sunday gross

4. Breaking Dawn: Part 2's weekend percent drop

5. Skyfall's Saturday gross

Edited by The Creator

No penalties for no shows. But I would like to know up front how many people will not be able to play this week. If any one team has both members absent, then out of fairness the game may have to be postponed until next week. Is everyone fine with it still being held this week?

This week could be a real success for me... all depends on how much Life Of Pi grosses tomorrow... =)

By the way Creator, how many people sent results in...? I hope you're not delaying it now that I'm happy -.-

Edited by ChD

Before I reveal the scores, I will first state that we are having two Challenges this week. First up will be a Challenge to make up for last week's Challenge. Baumer, Iceroll, and I talked it over and came to a consensus to have a separate Challenge, as Thanksgiving interrupted what could have been a fruitful Challenge. The second Challenge will be determined later, but for now, here is Baumer and Iceroll's new Challenge, their Last Chance Challenge.

THE CHALLENGE - BAUMER V ICEROLL

Predict the following:

1. Breaking Dawn: Part 2's Monday gross

2. Rise of the Guardians' Monday per theater average

3. Life of Pi's Monday percent drop

DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2012 AT 6:00 A.M. EASTERN (5:00 A.M. CENTRAL)

"The Calm Before the Storm" - Game 3.7

Here is where everything changes.

We stand near the crossroads of the Season. Big surprises await in the coming week, but this week shall have some shocks of its own. This will be "the calm before the storm"...because a storm is coming, and it's coming hard. Next week's game will be a very special edition, where a non-participating member of the Box Office.com Forums will be acting as a Special Host. We have some exciting developments on that front, and the first of it is...we will now have two hosts! That's right! Originally, ShawnMR was elected as the Special Host by a majority vote. However, given some unforeseeable circumstances, I asked Shawn to step down and appointed Gopher as host, as Gopher had been the runner-up. But Shawn has returned, and I have bent my knee here...for now ShawnMR and Gopher will each host and can both do whatever they want. Let the chaos reign!

Up next, we must address last week's Bonus Question. The players were asked to find Lincoln's weekend per theater average. Most players scored in the 60-75% range, but two players went above an 80%. And one in particular set the highest score on the bonus, with an 87.18% average. That player was...DoctorWho! A great achievement Doc, and your prize will be even greater. You have received a special "get-out-of-jail-free" card. This is an additional immunity that you can use at any time of your choosing BEFORE the Final Five games. That means you can even use this special immunity in the Top Ten games, if you make it that far. The only games it is not good for are the Final Five games. You can only use it once, but if you use it you don't need to purchase any other immunities that week because it will completely protect you from The Challenge. Use it wisely.

Thirdly, last week's Challenge was delayed till this week because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. "Ice Ice Baumy" got to spend one last week together, but Iceroll and Baumer will soon be finding out who is taking the sad road home, and who will move on.

But the fun doesn't end there. We will be having another Challenge this week, determined by our winning team. So, let's move on to discuss the scores. They were all rather exceptional. No points will be deducted for scores below the average. Totem once again demolished the competition with a first place victory and lead his team to number one. "The Towering Tools" have triumphed this week. They are quite a dominant force. "The Shadowkillers" came in second and will be immune from The Challenge. There was a tie for third between "Dracula's Minions" and "Rich Boy Swag". Which means...neither team is immune this week and will join "The FireEaters" as contenders for The Challenge.

DRACULA'S MINIONS

ChD: 90.59% +5 (+1 3rd team, +1 above average, +3 90%+)

DoctorWho: 90.59% +5 (+1 3rd team, +1 above average, +3 90%+)

AVG: 90.59% +10

THE FIREEATERS

Alfred: 77.37%

Xeno: 73.91%

AVG: 75.64%

ICE ICE BAUMY

Baumer: 87.57% +2 (+2 85%+)

Iceroll: 87.57% +2 (+2 85%+)

AVG: 87.57% +4

RICH BOY SWAG

RichWS: 90.75% +5 (+1 3rd team, +1 above average, +3 90%+)

riczhang: 90.43% +5 (+1 3rd team, +1 above average, +3 90%+)

AVG: 90.59% +10

THE SHADOWKILLERS

Acsc1312: 92.85% +8 (+2 4th individual, +2 2nd team, +1 above average, +3 90%+)

CEDAR: 92.65% +7 (+1 5th individual, +2 2nd team, +1 above average, +3 90%+)

Goffe: 93.05% +10 (+3 3rd individual, +2 2nd team, +1 above average, +3 90%+, +1 highest Question 3)

AVG: 92.85% +25 (IMMUNE)

THE TOWERING TOOLS

JackO: 94.72% +13 (+4 2nd individual, +3 1st team, +1 above average, +3 90%+, +1 highest Question 4, +1 highest Question 5)

Totem: 96.31% +18 (+5 1st individual, +3 1st team, +1 above average, +4 95%+, +3 all questions 90%+, +1 highest Question 1, +1 highest Question 2)

AVG: 95.52% +31 (IMMUNE)IMM

AVERAGE: 88.79% (no points deducted for below average this week because it was a special Holiday weekend with extenuating circumstances)

Edited by The Creator

And now for the painful moment some of you have been waiting for.

The Challenge - Week 6 Push Over - Week 7

Baumer v Iceroll

For the first time this season, two teammates are going up against each other. This is an unsettling occurrence, but it's something that was bound to happen sooner and it is an occurrence that has happened in every season of Box Office Alliance. It's always a bitter moment when teammates must turn on each other, but we must put up with it. Let's see how they did.

It was close, but below are the scores.

Baumer:

93.87%.

Iceroll:

90.97%

A tragic ending for Iceroll and team "Ice Ice Baumy". But then again, either way you flipped the coin, it would have been a tragic ending. Goodbye Iceroll, and know you are always welcome back here.