Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

ROTG apparently did over double Arthur Christmas. If it continues that it will end up with 32m 5 day and about 100m total. Not a complete disaster.

Depends on the budget i guess

Depends on the budget i guess

Apparently it's $145 million.It's less than Ralph. But Ralph will outgross its budget. For Dreamworks, this is pretty bad. They can usually get people to see even their biggest stinkers (Bee Movie, Megamind, Shark Tale). And Guardians is receiving somewhat decent reviews.

According to BOM: 145m.

Apparently it's $145 million.It's less than Ralph. But Ralph will outgross its budget. For Dreamworks, this is pretty bad. They can usually get people to see even their biggest stinkers (Bee Movie, Megamind, Shark Tale). And Guardians is receiving somewhat decent reviews.

Okey budget. Should be okey WW but franchise potential seems difficult

As I said-ROG from the trailers really lacked the charm of DWA films.

Exactly, it looked so self-important and pretentious. It definitely had a League of Extraordinairy Gentlemen vibe going on where we were supposed to root and feel for supposedly iconic characters that were completely unrecognizable. A tattooed Santa named 'North'? I'm pretty sure somewhere that looked good on paper.This movie would have made double what it just did had they done Santa and the easter bunny the way we envision them, combined with Dreamworks signiature sense of humor.

Exactly, it looked so self-important and pretentious. It definitely had a League of Extraordinairy Gentlemen vibe going on where we were supposed to root and feel for supposedly iconic characters that were completely unrecognizable. A tattooed Santa named 'North'? I'm pretty sure somewhere that looked good on paper.This movie would have made double what it just did had they done Santa and the easter bunny the way we envision them, combined with Dreamworks signiature sense of humor.

Plus we saw these characters team up in the Santa Clause series and that sure wasn't what brought people in.

Megamind is great! What are you talking about?